Drunk Drivers To Face Charges
May 21, 2019
Three people will face drink-driving charges after being stopped for roadside breath tests recently by Murgon police.
A 37-year-old Moffatdale man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 11 after being pulled over on Verdelho Drive at Moffatdale.
A 29-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on May 21 after being stopped on Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg.
And a 38-year-old Marsden woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 11 after being tested in Barber Street, Cherbourg.
Two people have also been charged with unlicensed driving.
A 56-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 4 after police intercepted his vehicle in Watt Street, Murgon.
A 31-year-old Cherbourg woman will also appear on June 4, after police stopped her vehicle in Barber Street, Cherbourg.
* * *
- Between 8:30am on May 3 and 8:30am on May 8, unknown offenders attended a residence in Caswell Street, Murgon, and damaged the rear and front security screens.
- About 2:45am on May 5, an 11-year-old Cherbourg boy lit a wheelie bin on fire in Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg. He will be dealt with under provisions of the Youth Justice Act.
- Between noon on May 5 and noon on May 7, a window was damaged at a home in Smyth Street, Murgon.
* * *
- A 21-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 19 charged with drug possession after police intercepted him about midnight on May 5 in Watt Street, Murgon.
- About 8:00am on May 7, police searched an address in Bell Street, Cherbourg, where they allegedly located various drug items. A 17-year-old Cherbourg boy is being dealt with under the provisions of the Youth Justice Act.
- About 11:00am on May 8, police searched at an address on Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg. A 52-year-old Cherbourg woman will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on May 23 charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils.
- About 11:20am on May 8, police searched an address in Lamb Street, Murgon. A 22-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on June 11 charged with possessising drug utensils.
* * *
Investigations are continuing into a number of thefts:
- Between 1:45pm and 11:00pm on May 4, thieves stole numerous personal items from a house in Davidson Street, Murgon, after damaging a door to get inside.
- Between 5:30am and 8:30pm on May 8, thieves damaged a door to gain entry to an address in Broadway Street, Cherbourg, to steal food.
- Between 6:00pm on May 9 and 8:15am on May 10, thieves broke into a business in Gore Street, Murgon, and stole multiple items.
- About 2:50pm on May 9, a driver fuelled up at a business in Haly Street, Wondai, and drove off without paying.
* * *
Officers from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between May 3-10 including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended six calls related to domestic violence, issued seven infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed roadside breath tests.