Police Hurt During Incident
May 14, 2019
Two police officers were taken to hospital for observation after an incident at a house in Murray Parade, Kingaroy.
At 2:45am on May 8, police were called to the residence to remove a 31-year-old Langshaw man who had allegedly been drinking since mid-afternoon.
As police attempted to remove him, the man allegedly resisted and assaulted them.
The man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on May 20 charged with obstruction and assaulting a police officer.
* * *
Investigations are continuing into a number of thefts which occurred recently in the Kingaroy area:
- May 6: An unsecured rifle was stolen from a garage at a home on Franklins Road, Coolabunia.
- May 6: Thieves broke a door lock to enter a house under construction in Prince Street, Memerambi. Various items were removed.
- May 7: At some time between May 2-7, a car battery was stolen from a locked Isuzu truck parked at the rear of an Avoca Street business.
- May 7: Registration plates were removed from a Ford sedan parked in Alford Street.
- May 8: A thief cut through a padlock securing a gate at a Kingaroy Street business and stole a compressor.
- May 8: Overnight offenders cut the entire height of a chain mesh fence surrounding a Rogers Drive business.
- May 9: Tyres and rims were stolen from a Kingaroy Street business after thieves cut off the padlock on the front fence of the business to gain entry.
- May 9: Two thieves entered a business on Pound Street and stole a container of lollies.
- May 9: Overnight, a rear tyre and rim were removed from a vehicle parked in a car park in Prince Street; they were replaced with a space-saver tyre.
- May 10: A woman drove off without paying for fuel from a Knight Street service station.
* * *
- At 7:15am on May 8, police travelling on Kingaroy-Cooyar Road in Kingaroy spotted a speeding vehicle in Industrial Avenue. They attempted to intercept the vehicle in Kingaroy Street, but it drove off at high speed. Investigations are continuing.
- A 27-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on July 1 charged with drug driving after police pulled over his Holden sedan in Norman Street, Kingaroy, at 9:45am on May 8.
- A 29-year-old Booie woman will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on July 1 charged with drug driving after police stopped her Nissan in Youngman Street, Kingaroy, at 10:40am on May 9.
- A 43-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on June 17 charged with drink driving after police stopped his Toyota in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy, at 8:55am on May 12. Police will allege he blew 0.072 BAC.
* * *
- Three people have been charged – and will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on June 17 – after police searched a house in Edward Street, Kingaroy, on May 8. Police allegedly located a small quantity of cannabis, cannabis seeds, drug utensils and a Class R weapon. An 18-year-old Kingaroy man has been charged with supplying dangerous drugs and possessing an item used in the commission of crime. A 25-year-old Kingaroy woman and a 23-year-old Kingaroy man have been charged with possessing drugs, drug utensils and unlawful possession of weapons.
- A 30-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on June 3 charged with drug possession and unlawful possession of weapons after police searched a house in Tuite Street, Kingaroy, on May 8. They allegedly located a small amount of cannabis and a taser. A 54-year-old Kingaroy woman will appear in court on the same day charged with possessing dangerous drugs.
- A 35-year-old Kingaroy man will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on June 17 charged with drug possession after police searched a house in William Street, Kingaroy, on May 12. They allegedly found a small quantity of cannabis, cannabis seeds and cannabis sticks.
- At 10:50pm on May 12, police were conducting patrols along Haly Street, Kingaroy, when they intercepted a group of people. A search of an 18-year-old Kingaroy man allegedly located a small quantity of cannabis. He will appear in Kingaroy Magistrates Court on May 20 charged with possessing dangerous drugs.
* * *
Kingaroy Police responded to a variety of incidents between May 6-12 including drug, traffic, and property-related offences. They also attended 10 calls related to domestic violence, issued 17 infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 53 roadside breath tests.