May 10, 2019
The spotlight will be on junior rugby league this weekend with 47th Battalion games being played at Murgon Showgrounds on Saturday.
Games kick off at 9:00am and will run until 5:00pm, when a Toowoomba Under 18s game is scheduled to take to the field.
The Eagles teams to represent the South Burnett at 47th Battalion were selected at trials played in Kingaroy last Monday:
- Under 13 Boys: Matthew Kunde, Tylah Smith, Kaiden Ratcliff, Kevin Langton, Kaenan Cooper, Logan Steinhardt, Cain Coutts, Alex Knipe-Hansen and Rohan Large.
- Under 14 Girls: Faith Ramsay, Jashika Dabah, Amba Webb, Destinee Moss, Sadie Langton, Lilly Railton-Thompson, Kiya King, Brittni Soutter, Lacey Lee, Tahnyalla Saltner, Lilly Millar, Harmony Hall, Keturah Murray and Eva Chapman-Hume.
- Under 14 Boys: Joel Fewquandie, Angus Lanser, Thomas Oram, Bayden Alexander, Mat McAuliffe, Dom Sandow, Joe Meikle, Chill Pidgeon, Fletch Prendergast, Danny Young, Jarrod Wilson, Daniel Slade, Cohen Carstairs, Michael Fisher, Declan Parry, Jesse Burrows-Lacy and Tyson Garland.
- Under 16 Boys: Harry Perrett, Lennox Bligh, Josh Peterson, Bailey Cavanough, Lachlan Zelinski, Lloyd Langton, Jack Hall, Glen Fisher. Cody Gale and Jacqwon Murray.
- Under 17 Girls: Reuban-Jayne Cuthbertson, Maddison Carstairs, Audrey Miller, Traevonnah Fisher, Aimee Barron, Bridie Prendergast, Brenna Prendergast, Danielle McConnell, La-Toiyah Fisher and Kaylynn Saltner.
- 9:00am – Under 13 Boys – SB v Fraser Coast
- 10:00am – Under 14 Boys – SB v Fraser Coast
- 11:00am – Under 16 Boys – SB v Fraser Coast
- Noon – Under 14 Girls – SB v Bundaberg
- 1:00pm – Under 16/17 Girls – SB v Bundaberg
- 2:00pm – Under 13 Boys – SB v Bundaberg
- 3:00pm – Under 14 Boys – SB v Bundaberg
- 4:00pm – Under 16 Boys – SB v Bundaberg
- 9:00am – Under 14 Girls – SB v Fraser Coast
- 10:00am – Under 16/17 Girls – SB v Fraser Coast
- 11:00am – Under 13 Boys – Fraser Coast v Bundaberg
- Noon – Under 14 Boys – Fraser Coast v Bundaberg
- 1:00pm – Under 16 Boys – Fraser Coast v Bundaberg
- 2:00pm – Under 14 Girls – Fraser Coast v Bundaberg
- 3:00pm – Under 16 Girls – Fraser Coast v Bundaberg
* * *
The South Burnett Eagles teams to represent the area at the Under 35kg carnival at Cunnamulla (June 30-July 5) and the Under 43kg carnival at Clifton (July 7-12) have also been selected:
Patterson Braithwaite (Kingaroy)
Tyler Fuller-Sandys (Kingaroy)
Alex Farmilo (Kingaroy)
Quayden Langton (Cherbourg)
Toby Cameron (Kingaroy)
Mitchell Prain (Kingaroy)
Lewis Hopkins (Murgon)
Isaac Hauritz (Kingaroy)
Jaxon Branch (Kingaroy)
Jett Allan (Murgon)
Declan Puller (Murgon)
Xavier Greenwood (Wondai)
Kendall Murray (Cherbourg)
Matty Reddacliffe (Kingaroy)
Trent Aubrey (Murgon)
Darryl Gyemore (Wondai)
Slater Green (Nanango)
Curtis Bond (Wondai)
Alex Snape (Nanango)
Rory Crumpton (Kingaroy)
Harrison Braithwaite (Kingaroy)
Charlie Branch (Kingaroy)
Fletcher Prain (Kingaroy)
Sebastian King (Nanango)
Zac Farmilo (Kingaroy)
Bevan Hanna (Wondai)
Lawson Braithwaite (Kingaroy)
Ty Weekes (Kingaroy)
Riley Gale (Kingaroy)
Lachlan Greenwood (Wondai)
Andrew Coutts (Nanango)
* * *
The Burnett Brahmans were brave in defeat last weekend at the seniors’ 47th Battalion carnival played on the Sunshine Coast.
The team was selected from players from the South and Central Burnett.
In Round 1 on Saturday they lost 48-0 to the Toowoomba Clydesdales before going down 12-6 in a much closer game against the South West Stockmen.
The Brahmans were hitting their straps by Round 3 on Sunday, losing by just two points in a tight game against the Gladstone Raiders.
Gladstone only notched up the win in the dying minutes of the game.
After dominating throughout the carnival, the Clydesdales defeated the Sunshine Coast Falcons 20-6 in the grand final.
The Crows team which will represent Central Division at the QRL State Championships on May 31 was selected at the carnival.
South and Central Burnett game development officer Blake Mara, who plays for the Clydesdales – and is a familiar face at South Burnett league events – was one of the players selected.
The 47th Battalion carnival consisted of games between the Burnett Brahmans, Bundaberg Bears, Central Highlands, Gladstone Raiders, Rockhampton Rustlers, South West Stockmen, Sunshine Coast Falcons and Toowoomba Clydesdales.
* * *
Murgon Junior Rugby League Club will be hosting its annual DV Awareness Round at Murgon Showgrounds on May 18.
Games will run from 8:00am to 5:00pm, including Under 6s to Under 14s DV games and then the Under 16s Murgon v Highfields TJRL round.
The Stanwell 9s A Grade DV Awareness Competition offers $1000 for the win and $500 for second.
Entry to the grounds is free.
There will be free rides for the kids and the event is alcohol-free.
The official ceremony will be held at 1:00pm.
* * *
A Grade at Wondai
- 1:00pm – Wondai v Kingaroy
- 3:00pm – Murgon v Cherbourg
Under 18s at Murgon (TJRL)
- 5:00pm – South Burnett v Toowoomba Brothers
The South Burnett Open women’s team will be in action at 1:00pm against Noosa at Beerwah.