Thief Stole Keys From Ignition
May 9, 2019
Cherbourg police are investigating the theft of a set of car keys … not from a home or a parked car, but while the vehicle was being driven along a street.
About 7:40pm on April 20, a vehicle was being driven along Marshall Street when it was flagged down.
The thief then reached inside and stole the keys from the ignition.
* * *
- April 19 – A 25-year-old Cherbourg man will appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on May 23 charged with possessing drugs, drug utensils and property suspected of having been used in connection with a drug offence after police searched a home in Cobbo Street, Cherbourg.
* * *
- April 19 – Between 8:00am and 8:30am, an unknown offender approached a vehicle parked on Cherbourg Road, Cherbourg, and used an unknown object to scratch the vehicle’s boot.
- April 21 – About midnight, unknown offenders attended a residence in Bell Street, Cherbourg, and damaged a window.
- April 21 – About 9:15pm, police were conducting an inquiry in Barber Street, Cherbourg, when an unknown man damaged a police vehicle.
- April 24 – Between 6:30pm on April 24 and 8:00am on April 25, unknown offenders damaged a door to a residence in Broadway Street, Cherbourg.
- April 25 – About 9:00pm, an offender has attended a residence in Barber Street, Cherbourg, and damaged two windows.
* * *
- April 21 – Between 2:00am and 5:00am, unknown offenders entered a home in Stephens Street, Murgon, via an unsecured window. Once inside, they stole keys and personal items.
- April 24 – About 4:45pm, a driver fuelled up at a service station in Lamb Street, Murgon, and drove off without paying.
- April 26 – About 9:00pm, a thief stole numerous items from the front yard of a residence in Lamb Street, Murgon.
* * *
- April 23 – A 35-year-old Cushnie woman will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on May 22 charged with unlicensed driving, and driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle after police stopped a vehicle in Haly Street, Wondai, about 6:20pm.
- April 26 – A 43-year-old Murgon man will appear in Murgon Magistrates Court on May 14 charged with drink driving after police stopped a vehicle on the Bunya Highway at Ficks Crossing about midnight.
* * *
Police from Murgon, Cherbourg and Wondai responded to a variety of incidents between April 19-26 including drug, traffic and property offences. They also attended eight calls related to domestic violence, issued four infringement notices for life-endangering traffic offences and performed 198 roadside breath tests.