Tenders Close For New Hospital
The new hospital will be built at the rear of the current building but will also incorporate the "boomerang building" built in the 1980s, which fronts Youngman Street
August 11, 2017
Tenders closed on Friday for a principal consultant architect for the new Kingaroy Hospital.
The architect will be responsible for the design, documentation and delivery of the new hospital.
The tender, from the Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service, covered the:
- Design and documentation of new buildings
- Preparation of contract documentation
- Oversight of construction and post-construction stages in the role of principal consultant
- Preparation of pre-construction works packages for demolition and site works
- Engagement and management of sub-consultants as required to complete the works
In June, Health Board chairman Mike Horan said some preliminary earthworks could begin this financial year but the bulk of the construction would begin in 2018-19.
The new hospital is expected to be ready to take patients in 2021.