Kilcoy Bowls Club held a Pub Day on Wednesday, February 8, and it drew a good roll-up.
Noel Lanes, Pam Taylor, Michael Dunn and Ann Pope won Round 1, and Jef Welden, Harold Alford, Ian Smith and Liz Frawley won Round 2.
The ultimate winners on the day were Bill Edwards, Marg Worrall, Maxine Wilcox and Pauline Lawson, and the runners up were Gerrit Winkeler, Len Smythe, Tom Allen and Mike Tilley from Toogoolawah.
* * *
On Tuesday, February 14 in the Star of the Green competition, Tom Brooks defeated Noel Lanes and now plays Jef Welden next Tuesday.
The jackpot did not go off and stands at $90 next week.
Winners of the day were Pam Taylor, Nelly Herbert and Tom Brooks who defeated Bill Edwards, Ian Smith and Ann Pope 25-9.
- Jef Welden, John Worrall, Ernie Herbert and Lyn Chandler def. Maxine Wilcox, Kelly Charters and Elayne Moat 20-14
- Trudi Pratt, Dawn Phillips and Garry Jensen def. Nev Johnston, Adam Kelly and Peter Playford 22-14
- Michael Dunn, Roger Moat, Liz Frawley and Terry Pratten def. Noel Lanes, Pauline Lawson, Wendy Smith and Brett Kelly 17-15
* * *
On Kilcoy’s blackboard:
- Saturday, Feb 18: Club selected bowls sponsored by Greg Staniforth and Max Morrow; two games, 1:00pm. Names on the men’s board no later than noon on the day. Open to men, ladies and new bowlers (bowls available). $10 per player includes bowls and sausage sizzle.
- Sunday, Feb 26: 2nd Round Webster Shield at Kilcoy.
- Tuesday, Feb 28: Trophy Day sponsored by Marg and John Worrall and Beryl and Col Ferguson; names on ladies board please.
- Every Tuesday: Mixed social bowls; names by 9:00am for a 9:30am start
* * *
Nanango Bowls Club played Social Pairs on Tuesday the 14th.
Two games of 12 ends were played, with scoring one for each end plus six for a win.
- Henry Bliesner and Jim Fowler – 29 pts
- Lew Saunders and Steve Carland – 20 pts
- Mike Smith and Brian Havell – 18 pts
- Bob Hammond and Allan Wright – 17 pts
- Cec Bracken and Allan Ward – 16 pts
- Trevor George and Glen Yeates 9 pts
* * *
On Nanango’s Blackboard:
- Every Tuesday: Social (mufti) bowls, games start at 12:30pm
- Every Friday: Scroungers at 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 11: Club selected Trophy Day, 3:00pm start
- Sunday, February 19: Kingaroy Men’s President’s Day
- Thursday, February 23: Annual General Meeting, 5:30pm
- Saturday, February 26: Club selected Trophy Day, 3:00pm start
* * *
Here’s one for the diary: the Murgon Bowls Club in Macalister Street will be hosting Murgon Tyre and Auto’s Team Challenge Fun Bowls Day on Saturday, February 25.
The action will get underway at 2:00pm, and green fees are $15 per person which includes at free barbecue dinner.
There’ll also be a free jumping castle on the grounds to help parents keep their children amused.
Only one thing though: you’ll need to RSVP by this Wednesday (February 22) to help the bowls club plan the catering.
You can RSVP by phoning (07) 4168-1668 or by dropping into 124 Lamb Street, Murgon.