July 5, 2016
The Kingaroy Concerned Citizens Group is seeking donations from its supporters so it can hold another community forum in Kingaroy about Moreton Resources’ proposed open cut coal mine.
The group, which has lodged a submission with the Federal Government opposing the mine, aims to hold the forum on August 11.
A previous meeting organised by the group packed the Kingaroy Town Hall in February.
It an email to members, the KCCG said the August forum would:
- Update the community on the latest details of the proposal
- Explain the approval process that the company will have to follow
- Explain how residents can be involved to ensure the project does not go ahead
- Hear from guest speakers
- Allow statements from the community
- Conclude with a vote for or against the mine to show the company and the government exactly how the community is receiving the prospect of the mine.
The email included a claim by the KCCG that Moreton Resources was considering exporting coal from the mine by train through Kingaroy.
The KCCG is hoping to raise $2700 from supporters to cover the cost of printing and postage to invite residents to attend the forum.
- Nannas Take To The Highway
- Kingaroy Coal Mine To Require Federal Approval
- Moreton Looks For Silver Lining
- Between A Rock And Taabinga Village
- Moreton Re-issues Update
- Market Awaits Moreton News
- Moreton Predicts 400-600 Jobs At Mine
- Airport Blocks Cut From Coal Permit
- KCCG Rejects Phone Poll
- Phone Poll Backs Mine: Moreton
- Moreton Takes Mining Plan Out To The People
- KCCG Will Speak To Council
- Nannas Knit Against Mine
- KCCG Meets With State Government
- Coal Mine Fight Spreads
- Moreton Resources Unveils Mine Partner
- Meetings To Discuss Mine
- Moreton Plans To Start Seeking Permits
- Moreton’s Coal ‘Too Expensive’
- Kingaroy Coal Mine? No Way!
- Public Meeting To Discuss Coal Mine
- Stanwell Still Says ‘No’
- Moreton Releases Mine Study Results
- Moreton Resources Eyes Rail Link
- Moreton Buys More Resources
- Mining CEO Talks To Council
- KCCG Sees No Future For Mine
- Green Light For ‘Next Step’
- Moreton Board To Consider ‘Next Step’
- Moreton Resources Splits Off South Burnett Holdings
- Moreton Resources Extends Licence
- Controversial UCG Plant Vanishes
- UCG Plant Starts To Disappear
- Moreton To Begin Mine Concept Study
- Moreton Responds To MP’s Comments
- Moreton Aims To Press On
- Stanwell ‘Rejecting Billions In Savings’
- Stanwell Rules Out Moreton Coal
- ‘Enough Coal For 30-Plus Years’
- Concept Study Next Step For Proposed Coal Mine
- Moreton Triples Coal Estimates
- Coal Mine Review Delayed To July