March 16, 2016
Yarraman resident Ben Rankin has launched an online petition to fight Moreton Resources’ plans for a coal mine near Kingaroy.
The petition, on Change.org, is addressed to Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, Natural Resources Minister Dr Anthony Lynham, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Opposition Leader Bill Shorten.
The petition claims that the proposed mine will “endanger the health, employment and economics of Kingaroy”.
Since it was launched about a week ago, the petition has attracted 251 signatures, including people from the local tourism industry who have stated publicly that a mine would affect their businesses.
The petition is independent to the Kingaroy Concerned Citizens Group, which is also continuing its campaign against the mine.
Representatives from the KCCG have a scheduled meeting with Dr Lynham on Thursday (March 17) in Brisbane to present the results of the recent forum at Kingaroy Town Hall which was attended by more than 900 people.
The four KCCG representatives – Keith Jessen, John Larsen, Graham Lucas and John Dalton – are all landholders from the Coolabunia area, near where the proposed mine would be sited.
- External link: Ben Rankin’s petition
- Moreton Resources Unveils Mine Partner
- Meetings To Discuss Mine
- Moreton Plans To Start Seeking Permits
- Moreton’s Coal ‘Too Expensive’
- Kingaroy Coal Mine? No Way!
- Public Meeting To Discuss Coal Mine
- Stanwell Still Says ‘No’
- Moreton Releases Mine Study Results
- Moreton Resources Eyes Rail Link
- Moreton Buys More Resources
- Mining CEO Talks To Council
- KCCG Sees No Future For Mine
- Green Light For ‘Next Step’
- Moreton Board To Consider ‘Next Step’
- Moreton Resources Splits Off South Burnett Holdings
- Moreton Resources Extends Licence
- Controversial UCG Plant Vanishes
- UCG Plant Starts To Disappear
- Moreton To Begin Mine Concept Study
- Moreton Responds To MP’s Comments
- Moreton Aims To Press On
- Stanwell ‘Rejecting Billions In Savings’
- Stanwell Rules Out Moreton Coal
- ‘Enough Coal For 30-Plus Years’
- Concept Study Next Step For Proposed Coal Mine
- Moreton Triples Coal Estimates
- Coal Mine Review Delayed To July