November 8, 2015
Three couples from the Dodewaard May 4 Committee are currently in Australia and looking forward to their visit to Murgon next week.
Mrs Jillian Tiernan told southburnett.com.au on Monday afternoon that the Dutch delegation is currently in Melbourne.
They will be picked up at Brisbane Airport next Friday to spend time with the Tiernan family before coming up to Murgon on Monday (November 16) for the special “thank you” lunch with local residents at the Murgon RSL Club.
“They are really looking forward to coming to Murgon and visiting the place where Patrick Tiernan came from,” Jillian said.
Bookings for the lunch close tomorrow night (November 10) for catering purposes.
The event will run until 3:00pm and will include a visit to the former Tiernan’s Australian Hotel and the laying of a wreath at the Murgon war memorial.
Cost is $20 per head (to be pre-paid to the Murgon RSL Services Club).
Footnote: Although the visit by the May 4 Committee is definitely happening, unfortunately Neder-Betuwe Burgemeester (mayor) Kees Veerhoek has been forced to cancel his planned visit.
- Last Chance To Say ‘Thank You’
- Dutch Mayor To Visit Murgon
- Missile Shot Down Boeing 777
- Dodewaard Remembers Sr Phil
- Thieves Target Plane Crash Victim
- Memorial Mass For Sr Phil
- Obituary: A Life That Mattered
- Trail Of Poppies Leads Back Home
- Dodewaard Link to Ukraine Tragedy
- Dutch Honour Aussie Delegation
- War Link Stirs Up Memories
- Poppies Placed On Graves
- Tiernan’s Crewmates Remembered
- Delegation Leaves For Dodewaard
- A Murgon Cobber Remembered In Print
- Delegation Seeks Names Of South Burnett’s Fallen
- Councillors To Honour Murgon War Hero
- School Captains Going To Holland
- Murgon’s War Hero To Be Honoured
- Meet Murgon’s War Hero
- Murgon Hero Remembered