March 16, 2014
by Doug Hutcheson, Publicity Officer
The South Burnett Woodcrafters held their monthly general meeting on Saturday, March 8.
Members voted on the entries for this month’s competition project, which was a kitchen implement of any kind.
The winner was a plastic bag holder/dispenser by Neville and Leah Wright.
The competition project for the April meeting is a fruit bowl of any kind.
Camphor laurel, hoop pine and Norfolk pine are available, as well as some existing stocks of other timbers.
Contact Dean Chesterton for details.
Rick Laherty and Peter Peacey are also able to source small pieces of Bunya pine for club projects, and for items to be offered at the Bunya Mountains – contact Rick or Peter.
This would reduce the need for a parent or guardian to accompany their children.
- We will be operating a stall at Kingaroy Shoppingworld from April 14 to 17
- The Kingaroy Show will run on May 3-4, and competition entries need to be in by Wednesday, March 19
- Coomera Interclub Competition May 9-10
- Brisbane Timber and Wood Show May 16-18 – the club will be running a bus trip there on May 17
- Next meeting is Saturday, April 12
Visitors are warmly welcomed.
|southburnett.com.au welcomes reports from community groups about their activities. We invite any interested group to submit their reports to us by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports should be written in Microsoft Word and any photographs submitted should be high-resolution and in .JPG format.
Please also include a contact phone number in case we need to clarify anything with you. We reserve the right to edit reports.