May 1, 2012
Kingaroy cricketer Anthony Eden’s excellent season was topped off on Saturday night when he was presented with South Burnett trophies for topping the A Grade Batting Aggregate and Batting Average.
The presentation was made by the South Burnett Cricket Association at a dinner held at the Red Ants clubhouse in Kingaroy.
Eden also recorded the Highest Score … an amazing 257 runs. And along with Tony Dugdell, he also picked up the trophy for the highest partnership (143 runs).
Over the past 12 months, Eden has notched up five centuries and two 50s with South Burnett cricket premiership winners Kingaroy RSL Services.
He was also the top scorer for Services in the grand final, getting 121 runs, including four sixes and 10 fours.
Nanango’s Michael Davies received the A Grade Player of the Year trophy after collecting the most wickets (35) and taking 16 catches as well as recording strong batting performances.
Individual Trophies for A Grade
1. Batting Aggregate – Anthony Eden, 786 runs
2. Batting Average – Anthony Eden, 87.33 runs
3. Bowling Aggregate – Michael Davies, 35 wickets
4. Ray Northcott Memorial Shield for Bowling Average – Tony Dugdell, 10.61
5. Most Catches – Michael Davies, 16 catches
6. Wicket-Keeping Dismissals – Cameron Groer, 19 dismissals
7. Highest Score – Anthony Eden, 257 runs
8. Best Bowling – Shane Winter, 7 for 39
9. Highest Partnership – Anthony Eden and Tony Dugdell, 143 runs
10. A Grade Player of the Year 2011/12 – Michael Davies, 1277 points
Individual Trophies for B Grade
1. Batting Aggregate – Rodney Anderson, 542 runs
2. Batting Average – Shane Gray,75 runs
3. Highest Score – Rodney Anderson, 144 runs
4. Bowling Aggregate – Errol Simpson, 25 wickets
5. Bowling Average – Curtis Hill, 10.67
6. Most Catches – Rodney Anderson, 7 catches
7. Wicket-Keeping Dismissals – Graeme Kelly, 18 dismissals
8. Best Bowling – Shane Laherty, 8 for 6
9. Highest Partnership – Rodney Anderson and Steven Alexander, 266 runs
10. B Grade Player of the Year – Errol Simpson, 864 points
Each year South Burnett Cricket recognises Junior players who represent Wide Bay at the Queensland Junior Cricket State Championships with a trophy in recognition of their efforts.
This year 16 players, representing all age groups, from the South Burnett were selected in Wide Bay teams:
U12 – Chris McCarthy, Jared Sippel
U13 – Caylan Brown, Kane Brunjes, Mitchell Bunker, Callum Cook
U14 – Brayden Clark, Adam Geiger
U15 – Samuel Dennien, Simon Fairbairn, Holly Ferling, Stuart Robinson, Lane Ferling
U16 – Lehman Brunjes, Tom Patton, Brady Roberts
- Brad Butwell Shield for U16 Players’ Player of the Season – Lane Ferling
- George Greentree Shield for U16 Player of the Year – Lehman Brunjes
- Tingoora Hotel U21 “Young Gun of the Season” Award – Tavis Hartwig, 573 points
- SBCA U19 Rep Most Points – Tavis Hartwig
- South Burnett Cricket Umpires Most Improved and Fairest – Dan Learmont (Wondai Wolves)
[UPDATED May 2, 2012]