2021 Kingaroy Eisteddfod
- The 2021 Kingaroy Eisteddfod will get under way at 8:30am today at Kingaroy Town Hall. Today's program will feature entries in Dance categories and will run into the early evening. A lunch break will be taken between 12:30pm and 1:30pm. The Eisteddfod is running from May 6 to May 15. Spectators are very welcome to attend any (or all) sessions. Cost is $5:00 for adults or $3:00 for pensioners / students for each session (morning, afternoon or evening).
South Burnett Sub Chamber Finals
- The South Burnett Sub Chamber will be holding the finals of this year's Ute Muster competition at the Blackbutt Showgrounds today.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
South Burnett Autism Support Group
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening (child care is available for a small fee). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenny after hours on (07) 4164-1107.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
South Burnett Cowhorse Competition - Nanango
- The annual South Burnett Cowhorse Competition will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango from 8:00am this morning (events begin at 9:00am). This competition - which is open to students from all the South Burnett's schools - will feature Team Penning, Working Cow Horse, Western Bending, Barrel Race, Diamond Flag, Showjumping, Rider Class and All Round Mount events. Spectators are very welcome. Note: Nominations for this event closed on April 1.
Mums Karaoke Cocktail Night - Yarraman
- Yarraman Kindergarten will be hosting a Mums Karaoke Cocktail Night at the Yarraman Hotel-Motel in Margaret Street, Yarraman this evening as a fundraiser. Dinners can be ordered over the bar between 6:00pm and 7:30pm, and the karaoke will get into full swing from 8:00pm and run until late. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-8285.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.