2021 Kingaroy Eisteddfod
- The 2021 Kingaroy Eisteddfod will get under way at 8:30am today at Kingaroy Town Hall. Today's program will feature entries in Dance categories and will run into the early evening. A lunch break will be taken between 12:30pm and 1:30pm. The Eisteddfod is running from May 6 to May 15. Spectators are very welcome to attend any (or all) sessions. Cost is $5:00 for adults or $3:00 for pensioners / students for each session (morning, afternoon or evening).
Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club
- The Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club will be holding its fortnightly meeting at Goomeri's Pumpkin Central offices in Moore Street from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning. Guests are encouraged to bring along their latest creative project (of whatever type) for input from other members and morning tea will be supplied. The club meets every second Thursday and new members are always welcome.
Murgon Business Breakfast
- The Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Gore and Lamb Streets in Murgon from 6:30am today (entry is via Gore Street). The MBDA represents the interests of the businesses and community of Murgon and districts, and monthly meetings discuss new developments in the area and community projects the group are undertaking or considering. Breakfast is $19 per head and an RSVP to Margaret on 0413-488-418 by 3:00pm on Wednesday, May 12, would be greatly appreciated for catering purposes. All interested people are very welcome to attend.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
South Burnett Youth Development Program - Nanango
- The first week of the free, 5-week South Burnett Youth Development Program will be held at the Burnett Street Sports Fields in Nanango from 6:00pm to 7:45pm tonight. The program teaches football techniques and skills to boys and girls aged 8-12. More details? Visit the SBYD Facebook page
Capability Statement Workshop - Kingaroy
- The State Government will be holding a Capability Statement Workshop at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am (for a 9:30am start) to 1:30pm today. A Capability Statement is a tool that allows procurement teams to assess your expertise, achievements and potential to deliver goods and services, and is essential for businesses applying for tenders in the public and private sector. The cost of the workshop is $50 - which includes tea/coffee and a light lunch - and registrations close on May 11. You can obtain more details by phoning Richard Crook on (07) 4331-5613 or Simon Parnell on (07) 4331-5609 or by email
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Thursday meeting at their club's workshop in the shed at the rear of 44 Alford Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 2:30pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:30am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.