2021 Kingaroy Eisteddfod
- The 2021 Kingaroy Eisteddfod will get under way at 8:30am today at Kingaroy Town Hall. Today's program will feature entries in Dance categories and will run into the early evening. A lunch break will be taken between 12:30pm and 1:30pm. The Eisteddfod is running from May 6 to May 15. Spectators are very welcome to attend any (or all) sessions. Cost is $5:00 for adults or $3:00 for pensioners / students for each session (morning, afternoon or evening).
Tuesday Night Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 7:00pm tonight (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the BDTHA on 0458-539-821 or send them an email.
Men's Table - Kingaroy
- Centacare Community Connections hosts a Men's Table social connection group every Tuesday from 10:00am to 11:00am at The Biscuit Tin, behind the Catholic Church Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. All men are invited to come along and have a yarn over coffee. More information? Phone (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Youth Development Program - Kingaroy
- The first week of the free, 5-week South Burnett Youth Development Program will be held at the soccer fields in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 7:45pm tonight. The program - which will also run at the Nanango Sportsgrounds in Burnett Street on Thursday nights - teaches football techniques and skills to boys and girls aged 8-12. More details? Visit the SBYD Facebook page
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Yarraman Morning Card Games
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $6. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
South Burnett Chorale
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meet every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Proston QCWA Meeting
- The Proston QCWA will be holding their monthly branch meeting at the CWA Rooms in Rodney Street, Proston (just down from the Proston Community Hall) at 9:00am this morning (for a 9:30am start). Potential new members are always very welcome! The group holds a brnach meeting on the second Tuesday of every month except January, and craft days every Monday from 9:00am. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Wondai Indoor Bowls
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls club will be holding their regular Tuesday night meeting at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:15pm this evening. New players are always welcome! More details? Phone Brian on (07) 4168-5650
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning (COVID Safe rules apply). New members - male and female - are very welcome, and you should BYO morning tea. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Capability Statement Workshop RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can register for a Capability Statement Workshop being held in Kingaroy this Thurday, May 13 (see entry that day for all details)
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.