June 20, 2012
Federal Member for Wide Bay Warren Truss is calling on people to nominate for an award under the 2012 National Disability Awards.
“The National Disability Awards encourage people to honour and recognise the achievements and contributions of people and organisations who improve the lives of people with a disability,” Mr Truss said.
“The awards also encourage the community to celebrate the work of those who give their time to help life a little easier for others.
“If you know of an individual or organisation that has contributed to the disabled in our community whether at a local, regional, State or national level, please nominate them.”
The award categories are:
- The Minister’s Award for Excellence in Disability Reform
- Emerging Leaders Award
- Excellence in Accessible Communities Award
- Excellence in Improving Social Participation Award
- Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion Award
- Excellence in Improving Employment Opportunities Award
- Excellence in Improving Personal and Community Support Award
- Excellence in Improving Education Outcomes Award
- Excellence in Improving Health Outcomes Award
Nominations close on Friday, July 20.
Finalists will be invited to the National Disability Awards ceremony in Canberra on Wednesday, November 28, where the winners will be announced.
Further information about the awards can be found at www.idpwd.com.au or by calling 1800-440-385.