Newman Government Appoints New Chairmen
June 2, 2012
The State Government has appointed new chairmen to Stanwell Corporation, Ergon Energy, Sun Water and three other government-owned corporations.
The new chairman are:
- Energex Limited – Shane Stone. The former Country Liberal Party Northern Territory Chief Minister is the executive chairman of the APAC group of companies, a company providing advice to companies operating in the Asia Pacific region, including the NW Shelf LNG transaction with China.
- Ergon Energy – Malcolm Hall-Brown. Mr Hall-Brown is the Foundation Director of the Port Binnli group of companies which includes Raby Bay Marina, Mackay Marina and the Clarion Hotel, Mackay. He is also a certified accountant and company director.
- Powerlink – Stephen Rochester. Mr Rochester was the CEO of the Queensland Treasury Corporation for 20 years and Chairman for almost two years. In 2006, he was was seconded from QTC to the role of Chief Executive of Sun Retail, Energex’s retail arm, where he helped guide the business through its nine month sale process.
- CS Energy – Ross Rolfe. Mr Rolfe has previously held senior positions in the Queensland public service, including Co-Ordinator General and Director-General of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet. He was chief executive of Alinta Energy in NSW and is the Managing Director of resources infrastructure for Lend Lease.
- Stanwell Corporation – Warwick Parer. Mr Parer was a Liberal Party Senator for Queensland for 16 years, leaving Parliament in 2000. He was the Federal Minister for Resources and Energy from 1996-1998. He was also the chair of the Energy and Transport Advisory Sector of CSIRO and is the Chair of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Foundation.
- North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation – Peter Milton. Mr Milton has been employed by the principal bulk handling company in Queensland for almost 40 years, retiring in 2007 from the position of executive manager ports at Graincorp. He is the chair of the bulk commodity handling business at Newcastle Agri Terminals.
- Sun Water – Mr Will Siganto. Mr Siganto is an engineer with an MBA from the London Business School. He is Executive Chair of commercial air conditioning and mechanical engineering services company Siganto and Stacey.
Treasurer and Minister for Trade Tim Nicholls said the new chairmen would bring “a great deal of experience from senior government and industry to their new role”.