May 31, 2012
RHealth and the Burnett Inland Economic Development Organisation (BIEDO) have organised a series of “Grow Cook Eat” workshops to promote healthy eating.
The free workshops will be held at:
- June 1 – Cloyna State School Community Garden, 2:00-3:00pm
- June 4 – Wondai State School Community Garden, 2:00pm-3:00pm
- June 5 – Wheatlands State School Community Garden, 1:30pm-2;30pm
- June 6 – Crawford State School Community Garden, 11:30am-12:30pm
- June 7 – Windera State School Community Garden, (time to be confirmed)
- June 22 – Goomeri State School Community Garden, (time to be confirmed)
- June 23 – Kingaroy Community Garden, Pound Street, 9:00am-11:00am
At the workshops, parents, volunteers and community members will have the opportunity to find out more about organic gardening practices, how to cook delicious, healthy snacks such as eggplant dip and tzatziki … and will get to eat the results.
For more information, and to register your place, contact Berneice Hilly at RHealthon (07) 4162-5230 or by email
RHealth also are offering free sets of “Activity Bites” cards to encourage South Burnett residents to keep active during winter by exercising at home.
The cards, which are available by contacting Caitlin Isaac on (07) 4162-4230, contain a series of exercises that can be performed anywhere at any time with no specialised equipment.