State Of Origin - Round 1
- The first 2021 State Of Origin match between the Maroons and Blues will be played at the Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville from around 8:10pm tonight. The Maroons are ranked as underdogs in the first round round of this ultimate annual competition and the Blues will striving heroically for an early win - so viewers can expect some very hard-fought, action packed footy from both teams. Most clubs and hotels in the region will be broadcasting the match on big screen TVs (and a few will be running special State Of Origin nights), or you can stay at home out of the chilly winter weather and watch all the action on free to air TV.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Wednesday Night Dance Classes - Inverlaw
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Heart Health Nutrition Talk - Proston
- The Darling Downs & West Moreton PHN will be hosting the second session of a "Heart Health Nutrition Talk" at Proston Golf Club on the Proston-Boondooma Road south-west of town from 10:30am to 11:30am this morning. The workshop will look at the effects various foods like butter, coconut oil etc have on heart health, and how paying attention to cholesterol and cooking can improve general well-being. The workshop is free but places are limited so a booking is essential. You can make one by phoning Kathy on 0407-091-019.
Kilkivan Over 50s Club
- Kilkivan's Over 50s Club will be holding their monthly meeting in the supper room of Kilkivan Hall in Bligh Street from 9:30am onwards today (BYO lunch). New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Lesley on (07) 5484-1259.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:00am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm to around 7:30pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street, and members who can't make it in person can join in the meeting online via Zoom. For more information (or help with a Zoom connection) phone 0427-137-140.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.