Back To School
- The fourth (and final) term of the 2018 school year begins today and all school-age children attending State schools are required to return to class this morning. Term 4 will conclude on Friday, December 14 (though senior students will get off a bit earlier than this to prepare for their exams). Motorists should take note that reduced speed limits around school grounds also begin to apply from today and you can face a steep fine for exceeding them - so drive slowly.
Council Listening Tour - Wondai
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding the fifth of its Listening Tours at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 5:30pm for a 6:00pm start tonight. The tour aims to inform residents about Council's operations and directly address any concerns they might have. A light supper will also be provided, and all residents are welcome, whether they're ratepayers or not. Other tours will be held at Kingaroy, Murgon, Proston and Durong over the coming few weeks.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Monday Ukulele Club - Wondai
- The Wondai Ukulele Club will be holding its regular Monday afternoon meeting at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery Studio on the roundabout at Wondai from 1:00pm today. While the club largely focusses on ukuleles, other instruments are also welcome. More details? Phone Graham on 0411-821-493.
Murgon SES Training Night
- The Murgon SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the SES Building in Gore Street, Murgon from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. Anyone from the Murgon district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along.
Cooinda Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Cooinda Craft Group will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:30pm today. Members of the group pursue a variety of crafts and newcomers are always welcome.
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Proston Scout Group
- The Proston Scout troop will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at their Railway Park den in Rodney Street from 5:00pm to 7:00pm tonight.
Monday Night Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston tonight. A beginners class will run at 5:00pm and an advanced class at 6:30pm. Class fees are $5 per head and everyone is welcome!
Heritage House Meeting - Yarraman
- The Heritage House Committee will be holding their 2nd Monday of the month meeting at Heritage House in Millar Street, Yarraman at 6:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-8111.
Kumbia Quilt & Craft Group
- The Kumbia Quilt & Craft Group meets on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street at 7:30pm. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Heather on (07) 4164-4258 or Val on 0437-152-713.
SBCLP Information Session - Kingaroy
- An information session about the South Burnett Community Leadership Program will be held at the CYTC Conference and Training Room at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy at 5:30pm (for a 6:00pm start). The SBCLP is run by the Red Earth Foundation each year to help train tomorrow's leaders, and next year's course will run over two three-day sessions in February and March.