International Women's Day Lunch - Kumbia
- Today is International Women's Day, and Kumbia Kindy will be hosting an International Womens Day Luncheon at Kumbia Hall in Bell Street from 10:30am as a fundraiser. This great event will feature "My Smoko Break" columnist, author and social media guru Hayley Maudsley, Christene Nissen and Amy Ballinger as guest speakers; a two-course meal prepared by Judy Crawford and her team from JC Catering; pop-up stalls and a licensed bar. Tickets are $50 per head and to help plan the catering, they need to be booked by March 4th. More details? Phone Jodie on 0408-354-534 or Jess on 0448-800-180.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Tuscan Feast - Moffatdale
- Moffatdale Ridge Winery on Barambah Road at Moffatdale will be holding their monthly Tuscan Feast from 10:45am (when wine tastings start) through to around 3:00pm this afternoon. The lunch costs $38 per head, which includes a full four course feast plus entertainment by Fortunate Isgro, and you can buy wine or soft drinks as you go. Seats are limited, though, so a booking is absolutely essential: phone (07) 4168-4797.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Stags Car Wash - Nanango
- The Nanango Rugby League Football Club will be holding a Car Wash at their grounds in Fred Kassulke Oval off the D'Aguilar Highway just south of Nanango's CBD from 7:00am until noon this morning. For $5 you can get your car hand-washed and know you're also contributing to the Stags' return to the region's A-grade rugby league competition this year.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Frank Fisher Rugby League Cup - Cherbourg
- The second day of the weekend-long Frank Fisher Cup rugby league carnival will be held at Jack O'Chin Oval in Broadway Street, Cherbourg today. The Queensland Rugby League has joined with the South Burnett Rugby League to host this inaugural QRL Central Region event in honour of one of the South Burnett's greatest players, and Indigenous teams from across the Central region will be taking part. Today's action will get underway at 9:00am with a Plate Final (3rd v 4th), follwed by a Cup Final (1st v 2nd) at 10:30am, and then presentations and a closing ceremony around noon. Everyone is welcome and a canteen will be running on site. You can also read more about this event on our website.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.