Community Golf Day - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt District Community Organisation will be holding a fun Community Golf Day at the Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt from 9:30am this morning as a fundraiser for the Blackbutt Park and Gardens project. The event is open to golfers and non-golfers, with teams of four playing a game over 9 holes for the chance to win great prizes (which will be presented after the match). Unusually, only putters will be used for the match and all gear will be supplied by the club, along with golf buggy transport between the holes. Nomination fees are $60 per team are there'll be a $6 hamburger lunch available afterwards, too. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Nev on 0410-319-388 or Robyn on 0421-097-944.
BP Dam Inland Fishing Classic
- The second (and final) day of the weekend-long Bjelke-Petersen Dam Inland Fishing Classic will be held at Yallakool on BP Dam today. This popular annual fishing competition has been revived by the Dam's fish stocking association after an absence of several years, and seems certain to draw a large field of competitors vying for great prizes. Registrations for the competition took place on Friday ($20 for adults or $5 for juniors) and there'll be a final weigh-in and prize-giving this morning. Spectators are very welcome.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Maidenwell Folk Gathering
- The final day of the twice-a-year Maidenwell Folk Gathering will be held in and around the historic Maidenwell Hotel in Maidenwell today, kicking off at around 9:30am and running until around noon. This is an all-acoustic event and during the day a variety of performers will be entertaining in and around the hotel. Admission to the Folk Gathering is completely free and musicians are welcome as well as people who just like to listen to music. There's also free overnight camping available in the hotel's grounds. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4164-6133.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
- The final day of the two-day Cooyar Campdraft will be running at the Cooyar campdrafting grounds off the New England Highway just west of the town from 6:00am this morning through until early afternboon. This twice-yearly campdraft always draws large numbers of competitors and this year it will be featuring a Maiden Draft, Junior Draft, Juvenile Draft, Futurity Draft, Open Draft and a Novice Draft along with a Local Committee Challenge Draft (finals of the Open and Novice Drafts will be determined today). Admission to the campdraft is 100% free for spectators, and a bar and canteen will be operating on site too. Overnight camping will also be available. More details? Phone Paul on 0429-926-111 or the Showgrounds on (07) 4692-6281.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Colours Of Yarraman Festival will be moving into its third day today, with visitors invited to "Experience Yarraman" with a picnic in Weir, Station or Recreation Park; browse through the town's cafes and bakery for morning or afternoon tea; inspect the festival displays in the town's business windows; explore the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail or drop in to inspect the Heritage House Museum and visitor centre in Millar Street.
Buffalo Lodge Meeting - Wondai
- Wondai's Buffalos will be holding their regular monthly meeting in the dining room of the Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 10:00am this morning. Potential new members and visiting Buffalos are very welcome to come along, and the meeting will be followed by lunch.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.