Murgon Music Muster
- The final day of the 2019 Murgon Music Muster will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon from 7:30am this morning, when things will get underway with a Bush Poets Breakfast that will run to 9:00am. This will be followed by a Gospel & Country Music concert with a variety of artists between 9:00am and 11:00am before a one-hour lunch break, after which this year's Muster will wrap up with Brownie's Charity Concert which will run from noon to 3:00pm. Tickets today are $10 for adults or $5 for young people aged 12-18 (under-12s are free). You can find out more on the Muster's website
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
High Tea At Dimities - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage at 49 Haly Street in Wondai (just across the road from the Wondai Regional Art Gallery) will be holding one of their famous High Teas on the verandahs overlooking Dimities' gardens from 10:00am to noon this morning. The High Tea features a wonderful selection of homemade sweet and savoury treats served on traditional china tea stands and the cost is just $15 per head. However, these events are always very popular so a booking is advisable to avoid disappointment: (07) 4168-5744.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.