Nanango Country Markets
- The Nanango Show Society will be holding their regular monthly Country Markets at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from 6:00am to around 12:00 noon today. As usual, the markets will feature a wide variety of craft stalls, new and used goods, plants, poultry and pets, but they'll be operating in a COVID Safe way. The Nanango Markets are the largest rural market in south east Queensland and attract up to 420 stallholders. But new stallholders are always very welcome too! More info? Phone the Market Co-Ordinator on 0427-631-273 during business hours.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Grape Escape - Moffatdale and Kingaroy
- The first day of the 2nd annual Grape Escape Weekend will be held from 10:00am to 5:00pm today at Moffatdale Ridge and Barambah Cellars in Moffatdale, and Kingsley Grove Estate at Kingaroy. Each of the three wineries will be offering free entertainment, $10 tasting plates featuring different local cuisines and wine by the glass for $6 (there'll also be non-alcoholic drinks available at most venues). Guests can simply drive to any one of the participating wineries to take part - there's no entry fee.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Saturday Rugby League - Nanango
- There hasn't been much league this year, but if you're thirsting for some fast-paced footy action a special Over 30s vs Under 30s Footy Match will be played at Stags Oval on the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD from 6:00pm tonight (gates open at 3:00pm). For $5 per head, you can watch a great game of bush footy ... and the Stags' bar and canteen will be operating as well. Everyone is welcome!
Zone Duo - Kingaroy
- Local musicians Zone Duo will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until almost midnight tonight. Guests should book a table to be sure of getting a seat, and due to pandemic restrictions no dancing is allowed - but otherwise everyone is welcome. More details? Bookings? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.