Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos). The Gallery will be hosting exhibitions from a number of South Burnett craft groups each month, and it will also be running a daily program of workshops covering everything from pom-pom and rug making to Kumihimo braiding, spinning and weaving, woodcrafts, dichroic glass and more. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and you can get the full program of this month's workshops and craft-related activities as a PDF by clicking here. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
John Titman Golden Steel Shoe Challenge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club (the "Junior Bees") will be holding its fourth annual John Titman Golden Steel Shoe Challenge race day on the main oval of Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am today. Some of the best young riders in the country will be competing in the 250cc and 125cc classes for trophies sponsored by former speedway champ John Titman. There'll also be support racing by PeeWees and SuperLites. Entry is free for spectators and and everyone is welcome to come along. More details? Phone Tracey on 0407-623-012.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Kingaroy Bowls Club Bingo
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
D Branch Interclub - Nanango
- The Barambah Bowhunters And Field Archers Association will be holding a D Branch Interclub competition at their range in Bowhunters Road, Nanango (just next to Virgil's Artisans Village off the D'Aguilar Highway south of the CBD) from 8:00am to around 3:00pm today. Spectators are very welcome.