Visit South Burnett Meeting - Wooroolin
- POSTPONED Local tourist organisation Visit South Burnett will be holding a meeting from 6:00pm tonight (for a 6:30pm start) at the Wooroolin Memorial Hall in Wooroolin. All tourism industry stakeholders are invited to attend. The agenda will include an update from VSB president Jason Kinsella and information about funding opportunities from local operator Carolyn Stone. Tea and coffee will be available. Due to COVID restrictions, RSVPs are necessary, no later than October 23. More info and to RSVP, contact VSB secretary Cynthia by email
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning (COVID Safe rules apply). New members - male and female - are very welcome, and you should BYO morning tea. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Tuesday Night Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 7:00pm tonight (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the BDTHA on 0458-539-821 or send them an email.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.