Flair 2018 - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy State High School students' annual Flair concert to raise funds for the school's chaplaincy program in on tonight at KPAC (entrance from Markwell Street). Tickets can be bought at the door: $5 per person or $20 per family. Doors open at 5:30pm for a 7:00pm start. Tonight's show will have an Outback theme. All welcome!
Heritage House Halloween Dinner - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding their monthly dinner at 6:00pm this evening, and because it's October it will have a spooky Halloween theme, and guests are encouraged to dress up in their best Halloween outfits. Heritage House's monthly dinners are always an inexpensive fun night out with great entertainment, but to help plan the catering you'll need to phone (07) 4163-8111 to make a booking. Everyone is welcome!
Halloween Costume Disco - Murgon
- Feeling spooky? The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be celebrating Halloween with a costume disco tonight. There'll be a junior disco for children aged aged 3-12 running from 5:00pm to 6:00pm, followed by a senior disco for young people aged 13-17 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. A canteen will be running and there'll be Halloween treats and prizes for the best costumes! Entry is $5.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
White Dove Ball - Kingaroy
- The annual White Dove Ball will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall from 6:00pm until late this evening. The dinner has been organised by the South Burnett Peace Of Mind Association and is aimed at people who may be homeless and/or living with a mental illness, as well as those in the community who support them. Music will be supplied by popular performer Fortunato Isgro and dinner by JC Catering
Psychic Show - Kingaroy
- Psychic medium Stacey Jolly will be performing her show "Changing Times Spirit Connections" at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. Aura photos and gifts will also be available. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Comedy Magic Show - Wondai
- Wheatlands State School P&C will be presenting "Trust Me Phil Cass" - a wicked comedy and magic act - at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 6:30pm until late tonight as a fundraiser. Tickets - which include live music by RiSa, a licensed bar and finger foods - are $40 per head. You can book them by phoning Kimberley on 0409-593-124, Kylie on 0400-045-366 or Kieran on 4168-9873, but some may also be available at the door unless sold out.
Friday Chill - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets in Kingaroy will be holding a Friday chill session with Laudy and DJdirex from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.