South Burnett Australia Day Awards - Blackbutt
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be presenting the region's 11th annual Australia Day Awards at a special ceremony at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 6:30pm this evening. The awards provide the community with an opportunity to acknowledge and reward outstanding groups and individuals committed to improving the lifestyle experience of our region, and the award categories that have been chosen give all the region's communities equal opportunity to nominate individuals and/or groups who've made special contributions to the area. Agriculture Minister and Member for Maranoa David Littleproud, Opposition Leader and Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington and Australia Day Ambassador Justine Christerson will be special guests. Everyone is welcome to attend this free event, and the presentations will be followed by a light supper. More details? Phone the Council on 1300-789-279.
South Burnett Speedway - Kingaroy
- The first day of the three-day Kings Royal, the biggest annual event on the South Burnett Speedway calendar, will be held at Kingaroy Showgrounds tonight. Racing will get underway at 5:00pm and this year more than 78 drivers - including 12 former national champions - have nominated. Tonight's program will feature the first round of the IBRP Kings Royal Modified Sedans, along with Street Stocks and Production Sedans. Admission is $25 for adults, $15 for students (with ID) and aged or disability pensioners and $65 for a family of two adults and up to three students (children 12 and under are free). Three day passes are also available at discounted rates, and there'll be canteen facilities operating onsite and camping available, too. The full event program can be downloaded here (1.3Mb PDF)
Saturday Night Karaoke - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be holding their first Karaoke Night for 2019 from 7:30pm until late this evening, led by Dancing Barman Karaoke. Admission is free and everyone is welcome to have a go! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
Skin & Bone - Murgon
- Popular South Burnett band Skin & Bone will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street from 7:00pm to 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and tea and coffee-making facilities. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
PCYC Free Movie Night - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding a Free Movie Night this evening, with screening getting underway at 6:00pm. Guests should BYO blanket and pillow - popcorn will be on sale. More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889.
Brazilian BBQ Night - Nanango
- Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding a Brazilian BBQ Cuisine Night from 5:30pm to 8:00pm this evening. Menu items on offer include kebabs, chilli-lime BBQ sweet corn, Lamb Al Asador with chimichurri and many other exotic taste treats - and while bookings aren't absolutely essential, you can ensure your seat by making one on (07) 4163-1375.
Alex The Frenchman and DJDirex - Kingaroy
- Alex The Frenchman and DJDirex will be laying down a pre-long weekend vibe at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm to around 1:00am tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Western Stars Come & Try Afternoon
- The Western Stars Cali Dance Studio will be holding a "Come & Try Afternoon" for potential students interested in learning calisthenics this year at St Mary's Parish Hall next to St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 4:00pm to 5:00pm this afternoon. This event is free, open to all ages and no prior experience is necessary. More details? Phone 0447-577-730.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.