Mayor's Community Christmas Lunch - Kingaroy
- The annual Mayor's Community Christmas Lunch will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from noon today. The lunch is a fundraiser for the region's disadvantaged families, providing them with food vouchers at Christmas. Football legend Shane Webcke will be this year's special guest, and in addition to a great lunch prepared by the QCWA, there'll also be performances by Sue Dowideit-Reiger and the Kingaroy State High School Choir, plus raffles. Tickets are just $25 per head and can be obtained from any of the South Burnett Regional Council's Customer Service Centres or by phoning Bronwyn Barry on (07) 4189-9155 by Wednesday, October 30. Some tickets will also be available at the door today.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Christmas Celebration - Murgon
- The South Burnett Chorale will be ringing in the region's Christmas season with the first of their four annual Christmas Charity Concerts tonight. The concert will feature a wide selection of Yuletide favourites and will be held at Murgon's Catholic Church at 36 Angel Avenue in Murgon at 6:30pm. Admission is $10 (which includes a light supper) and all proceeds of this year's concert series will go to aid drought-affected members of the local community. Other concerts in the series will be held at the Wondai Diggers Club (tomorrow); Kingaroy's Church of Christ (next Saturday afternoon); and Nanango's Catholic Church (next Saturday night). Everyone is welcome!
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Tucker & Chop - Kingaroy
- South Burnett entertainers Tucker and Chop will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets in Kingaroy from 7:30pm to 9:30pm tonight, followed by DJdirex who'll be spinning the platters until late. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.