Ringsfield Film Society - Nanango
- The Ringsfield Film Society will be holding their monthly screening of a classic movie from the National Film and Sound Archives at the old church in the grounds of Ringsfield House at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango this afternoon, kicking off with a great afternoon tea from Ringsfield House at 3:00pm and followed by the movie at 3:20pm. The Film Society screens a different film on the fourth Sunday of each month (except December and January) and all films are subtitled for the benefit of those with hearing difficulties. Tickets - which include afternoon tea and the screening - are just $8 per head, and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Anne on 0439-709-214.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- CANCELLED: Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755. Note: This activity has been cancelled until further notice due to COVID-19 concerns.
Hivesville Country Markets
- POSTPONED: The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning 0474-491-698. Note: This month's markets were postponed on March 15 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Yarraman Emergency Services Day
- A Yarraman Emergency Services Day will be held at the Errol Munt Sports Centre in Margaret Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around 2:00pm today. The event has been organised by the South Western Region SES so that locals can get to know their Emergency Services crews and learn how respond to emergencies and disasters themselves. Visitors will also be able to look over the equipment SES volunteers and other emergency services (like the Ambulance Service, Police, Fire & Rescue, and the Rural Fire Service) use to respond to incidents in the community. They can also find out how to join, if they want. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission fee.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.