Beauty And The Beast - Kingaroy
- This is the last chance to catch South Burnett Musical Comedy Society's massive production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. There will be a matinee production from 2:00pm this afternoon at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre at Kingaroy State High School. Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for concession / students; five and under are free.They can be booked at trybooking.com or call 0409-895-526.
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along! More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Model Aero Fly-In - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Aeromodellers Society will be holding the second (and final) day of their two-day Model Aero Fly-In at the KAMS flying field at 844 Booie-Crawford Road, Booie from 8:30am until late this afternoon. KAMS members fly model aeroplanes of all types, and this weekend's get-together will be drawing fellow modellers from all over south-east Queensland. It's also a great opportunity for locals to come try the sport as well. The official opening will occur at 10:00am today. Admission is free, and there'll be a sausage sizzle and soft drinks on sale if you get peckish. More details? Phone John on 0408-879-286, Neil on 0418-987-422 or Dennis on 0458-622-895.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Waterhole Rocks - Nanango
- The final day of the four-day Waterhole Rocks rock 'n' roll campout weekend at Nanango Showgrounds will kick off at 9:00am today with Gospel music on stage by Jeff Hancox. At 10:00am, Arthur Nettelfield will take to the stage followed by trophy presentations at 1:00pm and karaoke with Jeff from 2:30pm. A show'n'shine will be in the oval from 9:00am to noon ($10 entry fee). The festival is devoted to all things associated with 1950s and 1960s rock'n'roll. This includes hot rods, custom cars, vintage caravans, driving games and dance lessons, all backed up by rock'n'roll acts. This year's event is marking the 40th anniversary of the death of Aussie rock'n'roll icon Johnny O'Keefe. A bar and canteen will be operating. Entry to the festival is free today. Powered and unpowered campsites are available at the Showgrounds for a nominal amount per night if you want to camp out. More details? Phone the Nanango Show Society on (07) 4163-1273 or Terry on (07) 4163-1999 or 0409-496-167.
Women In Workshirts Walk - Wooroolin
- BIEDO will be holding its annual Women In Workshirts Walk this morning at Wooroolin. Women are invited to gather at "Dalton Park", opposite Wooroolin Post Office, at 9:00am for a 2.5km walk along the South Burnett Rail Trail towards Tingoora, returning for a complimentary morning tea at the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms. Don't forget to wear your workshirt! BIEDO also has limited edition BIEDO "Women In Workshirts" shirts for sale in a variety of colours and styles. Phone 0400-696-456 for more info.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
KCCI Meet'n'Greet RSVP Deadline
- Today is he deadline to book for the Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry's meet'n'greet on October 23. Host is Generation Funerals, at 19 Markwell Street, Kingaroy. Guest speakers will be Generation Funerals operations manager Penny Levi, Loretta Wengel (Nexgen) and Jason Lynam (NDIS APM). Cost is $10 per person. RSVP to [email protected]
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389