Barambah Cellars First Birthday - Moffatdale
- Barambah Cellars at Tipperary Road in Moffatdale will be celebrating their first birthday today with a relaxed day out at their cellar door from 10:30am to around 4:30pm. Guests can enjoy Nuova Scuola and Lightning Tree wines by the glass or bottle; get great platters from the kitchen; enjoy special Anniversary Cocktails from $6 per glass; and relax to live music from popular local entertainer Guy Davis (who'll be playing from 12:30pm). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Sarah on 0408-850-595 or Peter on 0412-379-347.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Nanango Soccer Club 40th Anniversary Reunion
- POSTPONED: The Nanango Soccer Club will be holding their 40th Anniversary Reunion Dinner at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango from 4:30pm until around midnight tonight. The event will celebrate and honour all past and present Panthers, and promises to be a great night out for both players and supporters of one of the South Burnett's most accomplished football teams. Tickets to this semi-formal, 18-plus evening are $55 per head and you can find out more on Facebook. More details? Phone Aimee on 0497-604-969. Note: This event was postponed on March 18 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
- A bookfest will be running at Taras Hall next to the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango from 10:00am to 2:00pm today. There'll be heaps of pre-loved books on sale for $2 or less, along with a White Elephant Stall. Everyone is welcome!
BVRT 30 Charity Run
- POSTPONED: The annual BVRT Charity Run to help raise funds for Esk Hospital will be held from 5:30am and 7:30pm today between Moore and Toogoolawah along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail. Participants can run, walk or crawl the distance, with a bus providing transport between Toogoolawah and Moore at the start of the event. Tickets to take part are $75 per head and can be booked online. Note: This event was postponed on March 17 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Pig On A Spit Night - Wooroolin
- CANCELLED: Wooroolin's Grand Hotel on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin will be holding a Pig On A Spit Night from 6:00pm until late this evening. For $25 per person, guests can get to enjoy more pork than they can poke a fork at, along with live music and a jumping castle for kids, plus free camping next door if you want to stay overnight. However, bookings are essential to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Robyn or Shane on (07) 4164-2261. Note: This event was cancelled on March 18 due to COVID-19 concerns.
South Burnett Rugby League
- POSTPONED: The start of the South Burnett's 2020 rugby league season - which was due to hold its first matches today - has been postponed until the first weekend in May for both junior and senior codes by the NRL due to COVID-19 concerns. SBRL officials will re-examine the situation closer to the end of April.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
- The Nanango parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Ros Gregor Trail at Tipperary Flat next to the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
B-Grade Cricket Grand Final
- CANCELLED: The Grand Final of the South Burnett's 2019-20 B-grade cricket season - which was due to be played today - was cancelled on March 18 due to COVID-19 concerns. Murgon have been awarded this year's crown as the current top-of-the-table side. Social (ie B-grade) cricket will resume for the 2020-21 season towards the end of the year.
South Burnett Saints Season Launch - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints AFL club will be celebrating their 2020 season launch with a barbecue at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) at 2:00pm this afternoon. The launch will include jersey presentations for the U14s, women's and men's teams and supporters as well as players are welcome, providing they're not exhibiting any signs of a cold or flu and/or feeling unwell. The launch comes after the committee sought advice from AFLQ, and also takes into account health warnings from the State Government.
Kingaroy Friendship Markets
- CANCELLED: The third Saturday of the month Friendship Markets will be held at the River Road end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are run by the South Burnett Show Society and feature a great range of arts, crafts, fruit and garden stalls, plus unusual bric-a-brac. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone 0456-999-928. Note: This month's markets were cancelled on March 14 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Matt Schlam - Nanango
- Entertainer Matt Schlam will be performing in the beer garden of the Palace Hotel & Kitchen in Drayton Street, Nanango from 8:00pm until late tonight. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. More details? Phone Beau at the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
Narcotics Anonymous - Wondai
- The South Burnett branch of Narcotics Anonymous will be holding its weekly meeting at Wondai from 6:00pm to around 7:00pm this evening. The group provides support for anyone experiencing problems with drugs of any kind (including prescription medicines) and meetings are free. More details? Phone 0400-600-514.