Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Social Cards - Nanango
- A social cards group will be meeting at Nanango Library in Drayton Street, Nanango from 9:30am to around 11:30am this morning to play euchre and chat. The group meets every Friday during school terms and new players are always welcome. More details? Phone Richelle on 0437-224-672.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Community Garden - Kingaroy
- Centacare are inviting all new and experienced gardeners to join them from 11:00am to around noon today to help care for Kingaroy's community flower and vegetable gardens. There's no charge to take part and you can get to meet like-minded people and have fun. More details? Phone Centacare on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Night Karaoke - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be holding a Friday night Karaoke party led by popular South Burnett entertainer Tony Cisneros. The action kicks off at 7:30pm and will run until late. The hotel's kitchen will also be open if you want dinner or snacks. More details? Phone the Palace on (07) 4163-1287.
SBRC Budget Committee Meeting
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding a Budget Committee meeting at the Warren Truss Chambers inside its Glendon Street offices in Kingaroy from 9:00am this morning to help frame its upcoming 2022-23 Budget. Interested people can view the meeting via a livestream on the Council's website.
DJ Damo - Kingaroy
- DJ Damo will be spinning the platters at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Combined Clubs Fundraising Dinner RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can RSVP to attend the Combined Clubs Fundraising Dinner that's being held at Tablelands Hall next Wednesday, May 25th as a fundraiser for the Hall committee (see entry that day for all details).
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting, or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer. The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Chris Munro - Murgon
- Entertainer Chris Munro will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free and the club's kitchen will be running if you want dinner or a snack. More details? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.