Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout June and July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos). The Gallery will be hosting exhibitions from a number of South Burnett craft groups each month, and it will also be running a daily program of workshops covering everything from pom-pom and rug making to Kumihimo braiding, spinning and weaving, woodcrafts, dichroic glass and more. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and you can get the full program of this month's workshops and craft-related activities as a PDF by clicking here. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
South Burnett Food Network Study Tour
- The South Burnett Food Network will be running a Study Tour to the Noosa Farmersí Market and Gympie's Farmer and Sun markets today to study how food producers market their products in other regions, and meet several food producers who are doing this right now. A bus will depart from Hidden Gold Homestead in Waterview Drive, Moffatdale at a chilly 4:40am, and will begin making the return journey from Gympie at 2:30pm. The study tour and transport is free, but all meals and other purchases will be at the expense of the participant. You can book a seat by contacting the SBRC's Economic Development Officer on (07) 4189-9100 or by emailing them.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.