Accommodation In Retirement Workshop - Kingaroy
- The Department Of Human Services will be running a free workshop on Retirement Accommodation Options at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 3:30pm to 5:15pm this afternoon. The workshop will look at the different types of retirement accommodation on the market; the financial advantages and disadvantages of each type; the Centrelink assessment process; and aged care fees and charges. Light refreshments will also be provided, but to plan the catering bookings are essential. You can reserve a place by phoning 136-357 or by email. This seminar is the first in a series that will run today and December 2, and you can find out more about others in the series on the Net.
Understanding Superannuation Workshop - Kingaroy
- The Department Of Human Services will be running a free workshop on Understanding Superannuation at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 7:30pm this evening. The workshop will explain how superannuation works; the fund choices and investment options available; contribution and access rules; and the tax rules that apply to super. Light refreshments will also be provided, but to plan the catering bookings are essential. You can reserve a place by phoning 136-357 or by email. This seminar is the second in a series that will run today and December 2, and you can find out more about others in the series on the Net.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Cooinda Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Cooinda Craft Group will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:30pm today. Members of the group pursue a variety of crafts and newcomers are always welcome.
Murgon SES Training Night
- The Murgon SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the SES Building in Gore Street, Murgon from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. Anyone from the Murgon district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Monday Night Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston tonight. A beginners class will run at 5:00pm and an advanced class at 6:30pm. Class fees are $5 per head and everyone is welcome!
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
Proston Scout Group
- The Proston Scout troop will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at their Railway Park den in Rodney Street from 5:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. The group meets every Monday night during school terms.
Monday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Monday Night Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- Line Dancing classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 7:00pm this evening. Class fees apply and everyone is welcome.
Goomeri Community Choir
- The Goomeri Community Choir will be meeting at the Goomeri Hall Of Memory in Boonara Street from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight for their weekly practice session. New members are always very welcome and you don't need any prior experience - just a passion for singing! More details? Phone Louise on 0427-748-692
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.