KCCI Meet & Greet - Kingaroy
- CANCELLED: The Kingaroy Chamber of Commerce and Industry will be holding its second meet'n'greet for 2020 at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 5:15pm to 6:30pm tonight. The meeting will provide several updates on local business conditions, and will be followed by a "Pollies In The Pub" forum where KCCI members and guests will be able to hear presentations from candidates competing in the up-coming March 28 Council elections, compered by KCCI president Damien Martoo. This month the KCCI's normal $10 meeting fee will not apply - guests will need to obtain food and drink in the pub - and the event is open to anyone, whether they're KCCI members or not. Note: This event was cancelled on Sunday, March 15 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Community Consultation Meeting - Murgon
- POSTPONED: A community consultation meeting to discuss the current Water Study being undertaken in the South and North Burnett will be held at Murgon RSL in Lamb Street, Murgon from 10:00am to noon today, followed by one-on-one consultations from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. The meeting would be of interest to all current and future agricultural water users, and it will be followed by two more community consultation meetings in Blackbutt and Kingaroy on March 17-18. You can read more about the purpose of these meetings on our website. Note: This meeting was postponed on Sunday, March 15 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Buy From The Bush - Moffatdale
- POSTPONED: With tourism likely to take a big hit from COVID-19 - and local businesses along with it - Visit South Burnett will be holding a special workshop at Moffatdale Ridge Winery at 681 Barambah Road, Moffatdale from 2:00pm to 8:00pm today. The workshop will teach local businesses and market stall traders how to list themselves with the "Buy From The Bush" website and other aspects of E-commerce, and the workshop will also shoot short videos to help businesses introduce themselves to potential new customers. The workshop is free but spaces are limited so a booking is essential. You can make one by phoning Julie on 0438-434-033 or by email. Note: This meeting was postponed on Sunday, March 15 due to COVID-19 concerns.
Early Voting Starts Today
- Early voting will open today for the up-coming Council elections on March 28, and will remain open until Friday, March 27. You can get a full list of early polling places for the South Burnett on our website.
Murgon SES Training Night
- Murgon SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the SES Building in Gore Street, Murgon from 6:30pm to 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Murgon district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along.
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her. Note: After tonight's meeting Sing Australia will be going into recess until the COVID-19 situation ceases to pose a threat to members.
Goomeri Community Choir
- The Goomeri Community Choir will be meeting at the Goomeri Hall Of Memory in Boonara Street from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight for their weekly practice session. New members are always very welcome and you don't need any prior experience - just a passion for singing! More details? Phone Louise on 0427-748-692
Murgon Neighbourhood Watch Meeting
- Murgon Neighbourhood Watch will be holding its latest meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:00pm to 7:30pm tonight. Murgon police will provide an update on local conditions and new members are very welcome.
Proston Scout Group
- The Proston Scout troop will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at their Railway Park den in Rodney Street from 5:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. The group meets every Monday night during school terms.
Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston tonight. A beginners class will run at 5:00pm and an advanced class at 6:30pm. Class fees are $5 per head and everyone is welcome!
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. SES members provide community assistance during floods, bushfires and other emergencies, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone 0428-741-274.
Kingaroy Rotary Club Meeting
- The Kingaroy Rotary Club will be holding its weekly dinner meeting at SBCare opposite SupaIGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 6:30pm tonight. New members are always very welcome.
Monday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt this evening. A beginners class will run from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, followed by Intermediate and Advanced classes from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Modest fees apply ($6 for the 1 hour class or $10 for the 2 hour class) and new dancers are always welcome! More details? Phone Warren on (07) 4163-0478.
Cooinda Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Cooinda Craft Group will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:30pm today. Members of the group pursue a wide variety of crafts and newcomers are always welcome - just BYO favourite craft or come along and learn a new one with other members. Morning tea is supplied as well. More details? Phone Lois on 0408-492-643
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087