Cherbourg Community Day
- Cherbourg residents have been invited to a special Healing Event for the community from 10:00am until 2:00pm today at the Sports Complex in town. The day is all about the community coming together for good mental health, community health and healing. There'll be music, singing, yarning, the Wakka Dancers, stalls, art and crafts, giveaways and information. (This is a COVID Safe event, so please don't attend if you have flu-like symptoms and observe proper social distancing)
Graham House Outreach - Proston
- Murgon's Graham House will be bringing their Emergency Relief Outreach Service to Shop 40 in Blake Street, Proston from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The service provides assistance with food and utility bills and also runs a no-interest loan scheme, and it's open to anyone experiencing tough times. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400 or 0447-683-492. Note: The Outreach Service will also be returning on November 11.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.