Beauty And The Beast - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Musical Comedy Society's massive production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast will be on again in a matinee production from 2:00pm this afternoon at the Kingaroy Performing Arts Centre at Kingaroy State High School. There’s three more shows in Kingaroy: October 19 (7:00pm), October 20 (7:00pm) and October 21 (2:00pm).
Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for concession / students; five and under are free.They can be booked at trybooking.com or call 0409-895-526.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets offer locally-made crafts, foods and produce and are always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stall-holders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Richie on (07) 4168-1915 or 0427-133-408.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Golf Day Fundraiser - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be holding a golf day from 10:00am or golfers and non-golfers alike to help raise funds for the annual Year 6 Camp. This will be a three person ambrose offering team prizes and raffles, and food and drink will be available for purchase throughout the day as well. Green fees are $15 per player, and you can register your team by phoning (07) 4163-0180.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Obedience Trials - Nanango
- CANCELLED Nanango Kennel Club will be holding Day 2 of its Obedience and RallyO trials at the club grounds in Burnett Street, Nanango, today. Obedience from 7:00am and RallyO from 7:30am.
Rotary Charity Golf Day - Murgon
- POSTPONED Murgon Golf Club will be holding a Charity Golf Day for Rotary Murgon today. The 18-hole stableford for men and women will behin with a shotgun start at 11:00am. Nominations are $20, which includes a barbecue lunch. Tp nominate, phone (07) 4168-1608.
Wondai Wolves AGM
- Wondai-Proston Junior Rugby League Club will be holding their AGM from 2:00pm this afternoon at the clubhouse at Wondai Sportsground. All positions will be declared vacant.