Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular second Friday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to Kingaroy RSL) from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The day will kick off with coffee and chats - the meeting itself starts at 10:00am - and visitors and potential new members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
World's Greatest Shave - Nanango
- Nanango RSL staffers Jason, Martin, Nick, Cath, Kerrianne and Chaz will all be losing their locks this year for the World's Greatest Shave to help raise funds for leukaemia research. The team's locks will be coming off at the RSL in Henry Street from 6:00pm tonight and in addition to a lot of fun, there'll also be raffles and a few surprises. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Maidenwell Folk Gathering
- The first day of the twice-a-year Maidenwell Folk Gathering will be held in and around the historic Maidenwell Hotel in Maidenwell today, kicking off at around 1:00pm and running late into the night. This is an all-acoustic event and a variety of performers will be entertaining on the hotel's balconies and inside rooms. Admission to the Folk Gathering is completely free and musicians are welcome as well as people who just like to listen to music. There's also free overnight camping available in the hotel's grounds. More details? Phone the pub on (07) 4164-6133.
Beef & Burger Night - Kingaroy
- Huskys Burgers outside SupaIGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy will be holding a Beer and Burger Night until 8:30pm this evening. Guests planning a night on the town can buy their beer at takeaway prices from the bottle shop located diagonally opposite, then bring them over to Husky's for a sit-down burger dinner. It's a much cheaper option than going to a local pub for dinner (roughly 50% less) and the burgers are better, too. More details? Phone Husky's on (07) 4189-5605.
- The 97th annual Murgon Show will get underway at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street at 4:00pm this afternoon with this year's Young Judges and Young Paraders competitions, along with a Stockmen's Challenge. This will be followed at 5:30pm with a Butcher's Own Sausage Competition, and then at 6:30pm with a Billy Boiling competition. A bar and BBQ will be running from 5:00pm, along with meat tray raffles. Admission today is free - the Show's main public day is tomorrow - and everyone is welcome!
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
South Burnett Autism Support Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening (child care is available for a small fee). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenny after hours on (07) 4164-1107.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
John Kohler - Nanango
- Entertainer John Kohler will be performing at the Nanango RSL in George Street from 5:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Dinner With Alex The Frenchman - Nanango
- South Burnett entertainer Alex The Frenchman will be performing at the Palace Hotel's restaurant in Drayton Street, Nanango from 5:30pm until late tonight. Dinner bookings are advisable: (07) 4163-1287.
Local Music Showcase With Mr Q - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly streets, Kingaroy will be hosting a Local Music Showcase With Mr Q from 8:30pm until late tonight. New music acts will tread the boards under the watchful eyes of Mr Q's Gavin and Tony Cisneros (who'll be supplying the PA equipment) and all aspiring entertainers are very welcome to come along and have a red hot go! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Merlin - Murgon
- Merlin - the ultimate one man band - will be performing from 7:30pm to 10:30pm tonight at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Muddy Flats - Murgon
- The South Burnett's most popular Indigenous band Muddy Flats will be performing at The Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until late. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4168-1077.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.