Annie Junior The Musical - Kingaroy
- St Mary's Catholic College in Kent Street, Kingaroy will be presenting their first performance of Annie Junior - The Musical at the Maryknoll Centre in the school's grounds at 6:00pm this evening. Annie Jr is based on the popular comic strip and adapted from the Tony Award-winning musical by Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin. Tickets are just $9.50 for adults, $5.50 for students and pensioners or $24.50 per family, and they can be booked online. Three other performaces will be held at the same time and place tomortrow, next Friday and next Saturday.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
South Burnett Autism Support Group
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening (child care is available for a small fee). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenny after hours on (07) 4164-1107.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Whole Hearted - Murgon
- Popular entertainers Whole Hearted will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168 1819.
- The first day of the three-day 2021 Nanango Campdraft will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from early this morning until late this afternoon. This year's campdraft was rescheduled from its normal date but large numbers of competitors are still expected for the event. Admission to the campdraft is free for spectators, and food and drink will be available from the Showgrounds' canteen
An Arvo with Billy Moore - Kingaroy
- Former rugby league player Billy Moore will be appearing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 5:00pm to around 8:00pm this afternoon to meet fans, sign autographs and share stories. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.