Pink Up High Tea - Murgon
- As part of Pink Up South Burnett - which runs to November 11 - a Pink Up High Tea will be held at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets in Murgon from 2:00pm this afternoon. Apart from a sumptuous High Tea, there'll also be a fashion parade; raffles; and prizes for the best dressed and the best Pink Up hats or fascinators. Tickets are $35 per head and are strictly limited to 80 seats. You can book one by phoning the Royal on (07) 4168-1799. All proceeds of today's get-together will be donated to the McGrath Foundation to support their breast care nursing program, and everyone is welcome! You can also find out more about Pink Up Your Town on the Pink Up website.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Creative Roundtable - Wondai
- The Creative Roundtable will be holding its final quarterly meeting for 2019 at Dimities Cottage at 49 Haly Street, Wondai at 1:00pm this afternoon. The Roundtable discusses local arts initiatives - for example, developing an Arts Policy for the South Burnett Regional Council, creating a community arts hub etc - as well as looking at arts initiatives. Today's Roundtable will be preceded by an informal Meet & Greet auspiced by South Burnett Arts at noon to discuss items that could be put on today's agenda. All people with an interest in the growth and development of local arts are very welcome!
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Murgon CBD Markets
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets offer locally-made crafts, foods and produce and are always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stall-holders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Richie on 0427-133-408
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
South Burnett Saints AGM - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints AFL club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (next to Beangrowers) at 3:00pm this afternoon. All positions including coaches, team managers, first aid support, canteen convenors, grounds keepers and grants co-ordinator will be up for election and all interested people are encouraged to attend. More details? Send an email.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.