- The South Burnett's cricket season is now under way, and today local teams will be playing everywhere from Murgon to Nanango. In A Grade, Murgon Crusaders will play the Southern District Devils at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 9:30am. Then they'll travel back to Murgon to play Gympie Valleys at the Murgon Showgrounds in Macalister Street from 1:30pm (yes, it's a big day for the Crusaders). In B Grade, Cherbourg will play Murgon Diggers at Murgon State High School; Kingaroy Services will play the Warriors at Taabinga State School in Kingaroy; and Kumbia will play Wondai at the Kumbia Sportsgrounds in Gordon Street, Kumbia (all matches start at noon). Finally - in Juniors - Kingaroy will play Nanango at Taabinga State School in the Stage 3 competition, while Stage 2 players will take part in a muster game at the Nanango Sportsgrounds in Burnett Street. Spectators are welcome at all matches but must observe proper social distancing.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Tyson Clancy-Jones - Kingaroy
- South Burnett entertainer Tyson Clancy-Jones will be performing at the Commercial; Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free but seating is limited and no dancing is allowed (thank you, Covid ...). More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1677.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Daddy's Little Hero Book Launch - Kingaroy
- South Burnett author Chrys McDuffie will be launching her children's book "Daddy's Little Hero" at Memorial Park in Haly Street, Kingaroy between 11:00am and 1:00pm today. Guests can meet the firies, wildlife carers and animals that inspired the book as well as enjoy a sausage sizzle with Chrys' family and friends and meet the book's illustrator Amber Fitz-Herbert (a 17-year-old local high school student) along with Amber's father Rob and younger sister Lily, who jointly composed and recorded a supporting song and music video for the book. Everyone is welcome!
One Nation Forum - Nanango
- One Nation candidate for Nanango Tony Scrimshaw has invited farmers to attend a “Property Rights Forum” in Nanango from 5:00pm tonight. The forum is being organised by Senator Malcolm Roberts and Charleville grazier Dan McDonald will be the guest speaker. The free forum will be held at the Nanango Cultural Centre but bookings are required. Email Senator Roberts to book.