Queens Birthday Public Holiday
- Today is the Queens Birthday Public Holiday in Queensland, and most South Burnett businesses will either be closed today or operating on restricted hours. Some of the groups listed on today's Daily Calendar will be meeting as usual, and some others will be deferring their scheduled meeting - so if you're planning to go to any of them today you should ring beforehand to confirm.
Fair Go With Religious Freedom Workshop - Kingaroy
- The Barnabas Fund will be holding two "Fair Go With Religious Freedom” workshops at the Presbyterian Church at 48 Alford Street, Kingaroy at 2:00pm and 7:00pm today in response to the Federal Government's appointment of a panel to review the status of religious freedom in Australia last November. While the panel delivered its final report in May this year, the Government has yet to release it to the public. The Barnabus Fund is a UK organisation that believes Christians are being persecuted for their faith. All interested people are welcome to attend either workshop.
Hivesville QCWA Meeting
- The Hivesville QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Hivesville QCWA Rooms in Main Street, Hivesville at 10:00am this morning. Entry is free and members are asked to bring a plate to share for lunch. Everyone is welcome to attend! More details? Phone Judy on (07) 4168-9892.
Kumbia Hall Committee Meeting
- The Kumbia Hall Committee will be holding its first Monday of the month meeting in the meeting room at the front of Kumbia Hall in Bell Street at 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! The Hall and/or Supper Room are also available for hire - phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 for more details.
Proston QCWA Meeting
- The Proston QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the CWA Rooms in Rodney Street, Proston (just down from the Proston Community Hall) at 9:00am this morning. Potential new members are always very welcome! The group holds a general meeting on the first Monday of every month except January, and craft days most other Mondays. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9391.
Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be holding its monthly meeting from 10:00am to noon this morning at the Senior Citizen Hall located at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets (opposite SupaIGA). New Members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details from president Noela Wittpoth on 0439-736-961.
Yarraman RSL Meeting
- The Yarraman RSL branch will be holding its regular first Monday monthly meeting at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Yarraman Creative Circle
- The Yarraman Creative Circle crafts group will be holding their regular 1st Monday monthly meeting from 9:30am to around 2:00pm today at Kitty Cook House in Emmert Street. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4163-8551.
Monday Ukulele Club - Wondai
- The Wondai Ukulele Club will be holding its regular Monday afternoon meeting at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery Studio on the roundabout at Wondai from 1:00pm today. While the club largely focusses on ukuleles, other instruments are also welcome. More details? Phone Graham on 0411-821-493.
Murgon SES Training Night
- The Murgon SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the SES Building in Gore Street, Murgon from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. Anyone from the Murgon district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along.
Cooinda Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Cooinda Craft Group will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:30pm today. Members of the group pursue a variety of crafts and newcomers are always welcome.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Monday Night Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston tonight. A beginners class will run at 5:00pm and an advanced class at 6:30pm. Class fees are $5 per head and everyone is welcome!
Wondai QCWA Meeting
- The Wondai branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular first Monday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 10:00am this morning. All interested people are welcome.
SEQ Marathon Challenge - Yarraman
- CANCELLED: Endurance Horse Sports Australia will be holding the third (and final) day of their 3-day SEQ Marathon Challenge at the Yarraman Showgrounds on the New England Highway west of the CBD today. This event features 20km, 40km and 60km rides and fees apply for each ride. Registrations need to be made through the EHSA website.