Art Exhibition Opening - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) will be opening its March exhibition at 9:00am this morning. This month's exhibition will feature a range of works from the late David Bryce - one of Kingaroy's best-known artists - along with a number of recent acquisitions for the South Burnett Regional Council Art collection by other artists. The exhibition is being run as a curtain-raiser for the $5,000 David Bryce Rural Art Award in April and May, and will remain on display from 10:00am to 4:00pm weekdays, and 9:00am to 1:00pm on weekends, until March 29. Admission to view the exhibition is free.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are always very welcome and the $4 admission fee (U16s are free) includes a great afternoon tea. More details? Phone Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
- The monthly Linville Markets will be held at Linville Hall in George Street from 7:00am to around noon today. The markets offer a variety of stalls, along with a breakfast BBQ. New stallholders are always welcome, too. More details? Phone 0402-845-186. Note: These markets formerly ran on the first Saturday of the month, but will now run on the first Sunday of each month to avoid conflicting with similar events.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.