On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 09 November 2018
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
'The Memory Tree' Book Launch - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism and Development Association (NaTDA) will be holding an official launch of "The Memory Tree" from 5:30pm tonight at Tara's Hall at Nanango RSL. This photo book has been prepared by local author Liz Caffery and details the history of World War I soldiers from the Nanango district. Musical entertainment will be provided by Tony Foran. After the launch, dinner can be bought at the RSL Bistro (bookings are recommended). RSVP to Barry on (07) 4163-1266 or Gloria on (07) 4163-2848.
Wondai Country Club Trivia Night
- The Wondai Country Club will be holding a Trivia Night from 7:30pm this evening at their clubhouse at 14058 Bunya Highway, Wondai. There's a maximum of eight players per team. $10 per player. There'll also be a continuous raffle with excellent prizes. Supper will be provided and the bar will be open. For more info or to nominate, contact Hazel on (07) 4168-5420.
South Burnett Autism Support Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenni on (07) 4171-0096 or Jenny on (07) 4164-1107
Karaoke Night - Wooroolin
- A Karaoke Night will be held at the Grand Hotel on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 7:00pm to 11:00pm tonight, led by popular local duo Love 2 Sing Karaoke. Admission is free and everyone is welcome! More details from the hotel on (07) 4164-2261.
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular second Friday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to Kingaroy RSL) from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The day will kick off with coffee and chats - the meeting itself starts at 10:00am - and visitors and potential new members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Mexican Night At Kingsley Grove - Kingaroy
- Kingsley Grove Winbery at Stuart Valley Drive off the Bunya Highway south-west of Kingaroy will be holding a Mexican Night from 5:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. For $30 per head ($20 for children) guests can get to enjoy a wide variety of Mexican meals along with Mexican music and Sangria, and there'll also be a pinata for the kids. Places are limited, though, so a booking is recommended: 0414-230-128
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Arts & Drama Showcase - Nanango
- Nanango State High School will be holding its annual Arts & Drama Showcase at the high school's hall at the end of Cairns Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening to showcase the works of students. Everyone is welcome and entry is by gold coin donation.
Alex The Frenchman and DJDirex - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets in Kingaroy will be hosting Alex The Frenchman from 7:30pm tonight, followed by DJDirex from 10:00pm until late. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Dinner Under The Stars - Ironpot
- Mulanah Gardens at 736 Deep Creek Road in Ironpot will be holding a Dinner Under The Stars featuring a camp oven dinner, live entertainment from Misfitz and a licensed bar from 6:00pm until late tonight. This $80 per head event is a fundraiser for drought relief, with $10 from every ticket going towards the cause. However, places are also restricted to 80 so a booking is essential. You can make one by phoning (07) 4164-3142 or 0427-643-142.
Tyson Clancy-Jones - Kingaroy
- Popular local entertainer Tyson Clancy-Jones will be performing in the front bar at the Kingaroy Hotel at the corner of Haly and Youngman Streets in Kingaroy from 8:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1677.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 09 November 2018