On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 08 March 2017
International Women's Day Breakfast - Booie
- South Burnett Women will be holding an International Women's Day breakfast at Cassis Restaurant at the corner of Haydens and Schellbachs Road, Booie at 6:30am this morning (for a 6:45am start). The event will celebrate the lives of women in the South Burnett, and Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington will be a special guest speaker. Proceeds of the breakfast will support the Dr Ellen Mary Kent Hughes Memorial Scholarship, and tickets need to be booked through Eventbrite. You can read more about this breakfast, see photos of what last year's brekkie was like, and get the booking link on our website.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
International Women's Day Breakfast - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman branch of the QCWA will be holding an International Women's Day breakfast at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman this morning. Doors will open at 6:30am and breakfast will be served at 7:00am. QCWA member Norma Lovelace OAM will be a guest speaker at the breakfast, and she'll be talking about the need to approach change boldly. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students, and everyone is welcome. They can be obtained in advance from the Butt Art Gallery in Coulson Street, Blackbutt and Heritage House in Millar Street, Yarraman. More details? Phone Trish on 0408-624-116.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Timbertowns Woodworkers Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wondai Senior Citizens Club Meeting
- The Wondai Senior Citizens Club will be holding their second Wednesday of the month meeting at the Wondai Diggers Club at 87 Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 1:00pm this afternoon. The $2 meeting fee includes afternoon tea, a singalong, card games, bingo and beatles with small prizes, and membership is only $5 a year. The club also organises occasional bus trips. New members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Graham on (07) 4168-5598.
Wooroolin QCWA Meeting
- The Wooroolin QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway, Wooroolin at 9:30am this morning. All interested women from Wooroolin and district are very welcome to join them for a great afternoon tea and a chat after the meeting. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160.
Kumbia QCWA Craft Group
- The Kumbia QCWA Craft Group will be holding their regular 2nd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street today, kicking off with morning tea at 9:30am. Everyone is welcome, whether they're QCWA members or not. More details? Phone Mollie on (07) 4164-4191 or Lil on (07) 4164-4218.
Blackbutt Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Wednesday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004
Social Card Games - Mondure
- Social card games will be played at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 6:30pm this evening. New players are very welcome.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Nutrition Seminar - Kingaroy
- Nutritionist and dietician Berneice Fitzpatrick will be holding a free nutrition serminar at the Kingaroy Fitness Centre at 30 Alford Street, Kingaroy at 5:30pm this afternoon. Everyone is welcome to come along and ask questions, whether they're members of the centre or not. More details? Phone Kingaroy Fitness on 0433-747-965 or 0419-654-081.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Help With IT & Digital Devices - Nanango
- Do you need help with IT and digital devices? A free workshop on how to operate many modern gizmos will be held in the meeting room behind Our Lady Help Of Christians Catholic Church at 16 Alfred Street, Nanango between 9:00am and 2:00pm today. Bring along your gizmo, a pen and notebook, and your lunch. Women and men are both welcome and individual help is also available. More details? Phone Patricia on 0408-762-973.
Wednesday, 08 March 2017