On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 08 February 2019
Blackbutt History Morning
- The Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association will be holding a History Morning at Nukku Nook opposite the skate park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon this morning. This month's meeting will give guests the chance to inspect the many changes that have been made to the Nukku Nook complex over the past six months, as well as share stories about the district's history. The morning is free and everyone is welcome (morning tea is available for just $2). More details? Phone Iris on 0418-741-254, send her an email or visit the BDTHA website
South Burnett Young Professionals
- The South Burnett Young Professionals will be holding their first get-together for 2019 at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The meeting will allow young professionals to network, as well as provide information on upcoming tourism events and community groups. More details can be found on the group's Facebook page
South Burnett Unpacked 6 - Murgon
- The quarterly South Burnett Unpacked tourism industry networking meeting will be held at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 10:00am to 3:00pm today. Today's meeting will focus on the up-coming 2019 tourism season (which starts towards the end of this month and runs through to mid-October) and related matters. All tourism operators are welcome to attend, and lunch will be provided to those who RSVP by email by February 1.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
BOM Climate & Weather Workshop RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can register for the free BOM Climate & Weather Workshop being held at Gayndah next Wednesday, February 13 (see entry that day for all details).
Legends Of League Auction - Murgon
- As a curtain-raiser for tomorrow's Legends Of League gala rugby league day in Cherbourg, the Murgon Business and Development Association will be holding a Sporting Memorabilia Auction at the Royal Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon that kicks off at 6:30pm tonight. Items up for bids include a signed Cowboys football from 2015 Premiership winning year; a Women in League jersey signed by Gavin Cooper; a 1980 State Of Origin jersey signed by Wally Lewis, Gordon Tallis, Gene Miles, Allan Langer and Mal Meninga; a football signed by the entire Parramatta premiership winning sides of ‘81/’82/’83; a clock signed by Former Origin Greats, including Arthur Beetson; a framed Queensland Maroons 8 Straight featuring signed collector cards and many more. There'll also be a multi-draw raffle, and proceeds will go to assist Murgon and district projects. Everyone is welcome!
Cherbourg Community Afternoon
- A Community Afternoon with visiting players from this Saturday's Legends Of League sports day will be held at the Cherbourg Sports Centre in Collins Road, Cherbourg from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. There'll be a BBQ and free giveaways on offer, as well as the chance to meet players from both teams and grab autographs. Everyone is welcome!
Kingaroy QCWA Meeting
- The Kingaroy branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular second Friday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy (just next to Kingaroy RSL) from 9:30am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The day will kick off with coffee and chats - the meeting itself starts at 10:00am - and visitors and potential new members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
Wooroolin Karaoke Night
- After a brief break for the festive season, the Grand Hotel on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin will be holding their first Karaoke Night for 2019 with Love 2 Sing Karaoke from 7:00pm until late this evening. Everyone is welcome to this fun night out and there's no charge to take part. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4164-2261.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
South Burnett Autism Support Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Autism Support Group will be holding its second Friday of the month meeting at SB Care opposite Super IGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Jenni on (07) 4171-0096 or Jenny on (07) 4164-1107
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Chinese New Year Food Night - Nanango
- Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango will be marking Chinese New Year with Chinese cuisine tonight. The RSL will be offering a choice of four Chinese dinners for $12.50 per plate (Fried Rice, Sweet and Sour Pork, Beef and Blackbean or Lemon Chicken) from 5:30pm onwards to help celebrate the Year of the Pig in addition to their usual menu. Bookings aren't strictly necessary, but you can phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375 if you want to be absolutely certain of a seat.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Night Feels With Fitzy - Kingaroy
- Popular local entertainer Rob Fitz-Herbert will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until around 9:30pm tonight, followed by DJdirex who'll be spinning the platters until late. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 08 February 2019