On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 07 September 2017
Heritage Nanango Music Muster
- The 2017 Heritage Nanango Country Music Muster will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango from September 7-10 this year - and today the Muster will get underway in a low-key way as attendees file into Nanango from all over south-east Queensland to set up camp and prepare for a long weekend of country music fun. The 2017 Muster will kick off with a BBQ and a Campers Walk Up Concert which will start at 10:00am and continue until around 1:00pm; and then an Evening Walk Up Concert from 6:00pm to 10:00pm tonight. A bar will be operating at the Showgrounds from 10:00am to midnight as well. You can get in to attend today's barbie and concerts for free, but tomorrow the fee will be $20; an all-day Saturday pass will be $30 (or $15 if you want to attend from 3:00pm onwards); or you can buy a 4-day pass to the entire event for $45 (young people aged 14 to 17 can get tickets for half price, and under-14s accompanied by an adult can get in for free). Camping will also be available at the Showgrounds and fees range between $7 and $9 per night for unpowered or powered sites - but a booking for any camp site is essential because the Muster usually packs the Showgrounds to capacity. You can make one and/or get more details about this year's event on the Nanango Show Society's website or by phoning the Show Society on (07) 4163-1273.
Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA Meeting
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA will be holding their first Thursday monthly meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members and visitors are always very welcome.
SBRC Roadshow - Kumbia
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding the first of nine Roadshow meetings at the Kumbia Memorial Hall in Bell Street, Kumbia at 5:30pm (for a 6:00pm start) this evening. The Roadshow will update residents on what the Council has been doing since it was elected 18 months ago; current projects it's working on; and its new Economic Development Strategy, which aims to create 3000 new jobs in the region by 2020. The Kumbia Hall Committee will also update guests on their own projects. A BBQ dinner to help fundraise for a Kumbia community group will be available for purchase, and everyone is welcome.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Quota Charity Golf Day - Kingaroy
- The Quota Club of Kingaroy will be holding their 42nd annual Open Charity Golf Day at the Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of town from from 8:30am onwards today. This fun golf day is open to men and women and includes novelty events, raffles, a cent auction and prizes for winners, runners-up and close approaches. Nomination fees are $25 (which includes morning tea and lunch) and the names sheet is at the clubhouse (names in by 8:30am for a 9:00am tee-off). More details? Phone the Kingaroy Golf Club on (07) 4162-1720.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Cake Decorating Association - Wondai
- The South Burnett Cake Decorating Association will be holding their monthly meeting in The Studio at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout in Wondai from 9:30am to around 1:30pm today. Anyone with an interest in learning more about this fascinating art is very welcome. More details? Phone Gloria on (07) 4168-1952 or send her an email.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Pottery Class - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street, Nanango will be running their regular Thursday pottery class from 9:30am to noon this morning. Class fees are $10 - which includes morning tea and materials - and participants should BYO apron. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Nanango & District Garden Club Meeting
- The Nanango Garden Club will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at 10:00am this morning at a property in the Nanango area. New members are always very welcome. More details? More details? Phone Susan on (07) 4171-0619 or send her an email.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association Meeting
- The Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt Medical Centre at 91 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! More details? Email secretary Tracey Snell or phone Jeff Connor on 0448-946-702.
South Burnett Computer Users Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Computer Users Group will be holding their fortnightly meeting from 10:00am today at the Orana Drop-In Centre at MacDiarmid Street in Kingaroy. SBCUG is a not-for-profit group that aims to help seniors get the most from their computers. Beginners through to more advanced users are catered for with demonstrations and practical lessons. If you're interested in becoming confident using your computer, you're very welcome to come and learn in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The meeting starts at 10:00am with a short break at 11:30am, and then continues to 1:00pm. You can bring your own laptop to follow along on the lessons and get help with any problems you have, or learn on one of the groups laptops if you have a desktop model at home. More details? Call Call Helen on (0413) 196-658 or Michael on (07) 4163-3586. You can also read more about this group on our website.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Red Cross Bookfest - Murgon
- The Murgon branch of Red Cross will be holding their annual Bookfest at 118 Lamb Street in Murgon between 9:00am and 4:00pm from today through to Friday. Bookfest is a popular annual fundraiser for the group and there'll be lots and lots of books on offer at bargain prices. Everyone is welcome!
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 07 September 2017