On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 06 September 2019
The Godfather - Moffatdale
- Moffatdale Ridge Winery at Barambah Road in Moffatdale will be holding a free outdoor movie screening of the 1972 Francis Ford Coppola classic "The Godfather" at 6:00pm tonight. The screening is a curtain-raiser for the Ridge's popular Italian Festival which will run all day tomorrow, and guests simply need to bring along their own chairs or blankets. Food and refreshments will be available in the grounds, and everyone is welcome! You can also read more about tonight's screening on our website
Pop Standen with JC Burger - Kingaroy
- Blues legend Pop Standen and his friend JC Burger will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Pop Stranden rarely appears in the South Burnett and tonight's concert should be a blast. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be hosting “Beauty Rich and Rare” by CROW-FM announcer Shaz Birkett and her mother Delwyn in the front gallery; "Burnett Beauty & Beyond” by master pastellist Graham Smith in the main gallery; and "Mixed Media" by Jan Meiers in the rear gallery. Meanwhile, children from Moffatdale and Wheatlands State Schools will be exhibiting works of their own in Kidz Korner. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from Kingsley Grove, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is just $5 and everyone is welcome to attend. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of the month.
Kilkivan Great Horse Ride
- The first day of the 3-day Kilkivan Great Horse Ride will be held around Kilkivan today, with the Landcare Olympic Park trail ride departing from Kilkivan Showgrounds at 66 Mudlo Road in Kilkivan at 12:30pm this afternoon for a leisurely ride through the Kilkivan countryside. Tonight there'll be a 4-course, $50 per head Camp Oven Dinner on offer at the Showgrounds for everyone who booked and paid for a ticket through Trybooking, along with a licensed bar and a free after-dinner concert featuring Ryno & The Wranglers, Laim Brew, Glen Albrecht and Vanessa Sanger that will run until late. Afterwards, overnight camping will be available at the Showgrounds for $10 per adult (or $25 for a three-day pass). Everyone is welcome, and you can get more information on the Kilkivan Great Horse Ride website
Black Coffee - Nanango
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be presenting the third performance of their latest production "Black Coffee" at the Nanango Playhouse in Elk Street, Nanango at 7:30pm tonight (doors open at 7:00pm). Black Coffee is a three-act murder mystery by Agatha Christie with her famous creation Hercule Poirot as the central character, and audiences can expect a rollicking good show. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for concessions, and they can be bought at the Nanango Visitor Information Centre in Henry Street or by phoning (07) 4189-9446. If not already sold out - as last week's first two performances were - some tickets may also be available at the door tonight. Note: One final evening performance will be held at the same time and venue tomorrow.
Nanango Blue Light Roller Skating
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. Blue Light skate nights run on the first and third Fridays of the month during school terms. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Kingaroy Freemason Lodge Meeting
- Kingaroy's Freemason Lodge will be holding its first Friday of the month meeting at the Masonic Temple at 22 William Street, Kingaroy from 7:30pm to around 9:30pm this evening. Visitors are very welcome to attend the meeting, and potential members are invited to the post meeting supper. More details? Email the Secretary or visit the Lodge's Facebook page.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
QRRRWN Barambah Branch Meeting
- The Barambah branch of the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network will be holding their first Friday of the month meeting today. The branch meets at a different venue each month, starting with smoko at 9:30am before the meeting gets underway at 10:00am. New members and guests are always welcome! More details on the location of this month's meeting? Phone Marg on 0418-689-728 or send her an email.
St Joseph's Fete - Murgon
- St Joseph's School in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be holding their annual School Fete from 5:30pm to around 9:00pm tonight as a fundraiser for the school and parish. In addition to plenty of food and market stalls, there'll be performances by students from all grades from Prep through to Year 7, as well as fun entertainment for the whole family including amusement rides and lots more, plus live entertainment. Last year around 350 people attended the Fete and this year organisers are hoping for even more. Everyone is welcome and it's always a great family fun night out! You can obtain more details by phoning the school on (07) 4168-1627.
Muddy Flats - Murgon
- The South Burnett's favourite Indigenous band Muddy Flats will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm this evening. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Entrepreneurship Facilitators - Kingaroy and Nanango
- Ever wanted to open your own business but don't know where to start? Entrepreneurship Facilitators (a Government-funded program) will be providing one-on-one assistance on how to go about setting up a new business at the Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street, Kingaroy between 9:30am and 11:30am this morning, and again at the Wondai Library in Mackenzie Street, Wondai between 2:00pm and 4:00pm this afternoon. The service is free but an appointment is necessary. You can make one by phoning Jason on 0455-554-668. Note: Similar sessions will be held at Proston and Murgon next Thursday, September 12.
Friday, 06 September 2019