On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 06 July 2017
NAIDOC Family Fun Day - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regoional Council will be holding a free NAIDOC Family Fun Day in Kingaroy's Glendon Street forecourt from 10:00am this morning. Official proceeding will kick off at 11:00am when Cherbourg Mayor Arnold Murray delivers a Welcome To Country. This will be followed by a traditional smoking ceremony, and then performances by the Wakka Wakka dancers. Children can be amused with a Dreamtime Storytelling session in the library, and there'll also be demonstrations and displays of Indigenous face painting and art, along with a free sausage sizzle. Kingaroy Hospital's mobile health van will be on hand to provide free health checks, too. NAIDOC Week celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples, and is recognised together by all Australians. Everyone is welcome!
Roger Knox - Cherbourg
- As part of NAIDOC week, well-known Indigenous entertainer Roger Knox will be appearing at a concert being held in the back yard of the US-Mob community radio station's studios in Barambah Avenue, Cherbourg from 12:00 noon to around 3:00pm today. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association Meeting
- The Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt Medical Centre at 91 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! More details? Email secretary Tracey Snell or phone Jeff Connor on 0448-946-702.
Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA Meeting
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA will be holding their first Thursday monthly meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members and visitors are always very welcome.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Cake Decorating Association - Wondai
- The South Burnett Cake Decorating Association will be holding their monthly meeting in The Studio at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout in Wondai from 9:30am to around 1:30pm today. Anyone with an interest in learning more about this fascinating art is very welcome. More details? Phone Gloria on (07) 4168-1952 or send her an email.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Nanango & District Garden Club Meeting
- The Nanango Garden Club will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at 10:00am this morning at a property in the Nanango area. New members are always very welcome. More details? More details? Phone Susan on (07) 4171-0619 or send her an email.
Pottery Class - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street, Nanango will be running their regular Thursday pottery class from 9:30am to noon this morning. Class fees are $10 - which includes morning tea and materials - and participants should BYO apron. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
South Burnett Pantry - Tablelands
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from noon to 2:30pm today at Tablelands Hall in Tablelands. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: The Pantry normally operates from Kingaroy, but they now come to Tablelands Hall on the first Thursday of every month except January, too.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 06 July 2017