On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 05 April 2019
Murgon Easter Fair
- Murgon will be kicking off the Easter school vacation (which starts today) with the inaugural Murgon Easter Fair in Lamb Street, Murgon from 5:30pm to around 9:30pm this evening. The Easter Fair is a replacement for the town's popular Christmas Fair, which was washed out in 2018, and will feature all that event's favourite attractions including a huge range of amusement rides, live entertainment, ice creams, a BBQ, fairy floss and doughnuts plus a special appearance by the Easter Bunny between 6:00pm and 8:00pm (look for the giant Easter egg). Many Murgon CBD retailers will also be keeping their stores open to give the town a late night shopping experience, and there'll also be gift bags for small children. Everyone is welcome!
Wondai Art Gallery Opening
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition for 2019 with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be hosting its annual Wondai Garden Expo Art Competition - sponsored by the Wondai Garden Expo - and all three galleries will be displaying entries in this popular exhibition, which offers more than $1500 in cash prizes. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from Cranes Winery, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of the month.
Japanese Whisky Night - Bunya Mountains
- The Bunyas at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains will be holding a Japanese Whisky Night from 6:00pm until late tonight. For $95 per head, guests will be treated to a master class in tasting a wide range of Japanese whiskies by Jody Retschlag, Signature Brand Manager at The Exchange, while enjoying fine food and listening to live music. Tickets are strictly limited and you can book them and/or find out more by phoning The Bunyas on (07) 4668-3131.
Durong Community Meeting
- A community meeting will be held at Durong Hall on the Chinchilla-Wondai Road at Durong at 2:00pm this afternoon. The meeting has been called to allow Durong residents to talk about the recent valuation increase and how it has impacted them.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
QRRRWN Barambah Branch Meeting
- The Barambah branch of the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network will be holding their first Friday of the month meeting today. The branch meets at a different venue each month, starting with smoko at 9:30am before the meeting gets underway at 10:00am. New members and guests are always welcome! More details on the location of this month's meeting? Phone Marg on 0418-689-728 or send her an email.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Kingaroy Freemason Lodge Meeting
- Kingaroy's Freemason Lodge will be holding its first Friday of the month meeting at the Masonic Temple at 22 William Street, Kingaroy from 7:30pm to around 9:30pm this evening. Visitors are very welcome to attend the meeting, and potential members are invited to the post meeting supper. More details? Email the Secretary or visit the Lodge's Facebook page.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Nanango Blue Light Roller Skating
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their regular U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. Blue Light skate nights run on the first and third Fridays of the month. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211 or Peter on 0422-196-219.
School For Murder - Nanango
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be presenting the third performance of their latest production "School For Murder" at the Nanango Playhouse in Elk Street, Nanango at 7:30pm tonight (doors open at 7:00pm). Tickets are $20 for adults or $15 for concessions, and they can be obtained from the Nanango Visitor Information Centre in Henry Street. Some tickets may also be available at the door, unless sold out. One final matinee performance will be held at the same venue tomorrow, with doors opening at 2:30pm for a 3:00pm start.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Mr Q - Murgon
- Popular South Burnett band Mr Q will be performing at the Australian Hotel-Motel in Lamb Street, Murgon from 8:00pm until late tonight if you'd like to extend your Murgon Easter Fair partying (see entry elsewhere on this page). Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4168-1077.
End Of Term Karaoke - Nanango
- The Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango will be marking the end of Term 1 and tomorrow's Nanango Country Markets with a Karaoke Night led by Dancing Barman Karaoke from 7:30pm to around 11:00pm this evening. Admission is free. More details from Beau at the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 05 April 2019